Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

I'm SO confused!

Doctors keep telling me different things and I feel like my head is going to explode. The last three years I've had my thyroid monitored(high levels but still "normal").  I've had several cyst ruptures over the past four years that have landed me in the hospital because they were so large and painful.  I have random symptoms(getting hairy in weird areas but losing it off my head, gaining weight/inability to lose, tired, tired, tired,) but neither seem too concerned with my symptoms.

One doctor said that if I was still getting cysts that badly on the BCP that I should stay on it because they would probably get worse if I was off of it. And I probably miscarried because I hadn't been off the pill very long and it's "normal."

The other doc wants me to stay off of it so they can check all my hormone and thryoid levels and wants to do an U/S every 6 months to keep an eye on my cysts and fibroids. He suspects PCOS and my m/c wasn't just "normal."

I know that it can take months for me to level out post BCP and that it may take a while to get a straight answer but I wish they'd at least get on the same page or I could only see one Dr! Too many words that I don't understand and acronyms and blah blah blah. Ugh.

/rant

Thanks for listening. :)

CJ 05/29/2013

Re: I'm SO confused!

• Options
    I sturggle with Hypothyroidism and even though your levels can be in the normal range, MAKE SURE they check them when you get your BFP. I still wonder if that had anything to do with m/c. I never had my checked after my BFP and at 10 weeks we lost our LO. I have done a lot of research and it is so important to have it checked pregnancy changes your body.
    BFP#1 1/04/2008 Liam Joseph born 09/26/08 @ 37 weeks BFP#2 5/8/2011 MC Found 06/20/2011, D&C 06/21/2011 @ 10 Weeks "Sometimes love lasts a moment. Sometimes love lasts a lifetime. Sometimes a moment is a lifetime."
  • Options
    Sorry you are going through this.  I hope you get some straight answers soon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageHeatherN83:
    I sturggle with Hypothyroidism and even though your levels can be in the normal range, MAKE SURE they check them when you get your BFP. I still wonder if that had anything to do with m/c. I never had my checked after my BFP and at 10 weeks we lost our LO. I have done a lot of research and it is so important to have it checked pregnancy changes your body.

That's good to know. Thanks.

I think the huge difference is that one dr. is my primary care/family meds doctor and the other is an OBGYN so I tend to listen to him more. He also said that my levels could still be "normal" because when she did my blood draws I was still on BCP, which is why he wants to do them again now that I'm off the BCP. But they don't want to give me a referral. Ahh the military.

CJ 05/29/2013

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"