Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

Baylor Grapevine

For those of you that gave birth at Baylor Grapevine: Did they stick to the rule of only allowing two other people in the delivery room? I would love to hire a doula but won't if I had to kick my mom out...

Re: Baylor Grapevine

• Options
    I don't know about during the push phase because I only had (and only wanted) DH to be in the room.... but while I was laboring with both my son and 2nd daughter, I had at most 7 people in the room at one time and they never asked anyone to leave unless it was time to check me.  
  • Options
    Awesome, thanks! I KNOW I want DH and I'm pretty sure I'm okay with my mom/dad in the room (as long as they're up by my head lol). I really would love a Doula to help me remember all of the natural techniques, I want minimal intervention...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think if you got your OB on board with it, they would allow it. It seems like it was really up to the doctor's call when I was there with DS. I used her as "the reason" my mom couldn't come in. She stresses me out in times that are already stressful.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

there were people in and out while i was laboring (more than 2 people) and when i actually delivered, there were 4 people in the room - DH, my mom, my doula and my photographer

i think it's really up to your OB and as long as they're not in the way, you'll be fine 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"