Preemies
Options

first birthday party theme idea?

I am planning a big celebration for DS's first birthday- we really want to celebrate how far he has come this past year.  He was born at 26 weeks weighing 1 lb 15 oz.  Now he is a happy, healthy little man.  I am trying to figure out a fitting theme to have for his party and wondering if any of you have suggestions. TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: first birthday party theme idea?

• Options
    I don't really have any theme ideas, but Birthday Express offers party supplies that you can customize with your child's photo. Maybe you could put a picture of him when he was born and a picture of him now?

Grace:) ~ Babysitter to Bryce-7 Faith-4 Hailey-2 and Addison-5 months
  • Options

I really went with my heart for this one.  My son is like a teddy bear, so we did a teddy bear theme.  And there were teddy bear decorations on etsy.com.  It was fun putting it together. 

I went through the etsy.com and narrowed down by a search--1st birthday for baby boy or in our case teddy bear 1st birthday. 

https://www.etsy.com/search/handmade?search_submit=&q=1st+birthday+for+baby+boy

Here are some cute ideas.

Superhero 1st birthday

https://www.etsy.com/search/handmade?search_submit=&q=birthday+for+boy+superhero+theme

Animal Safari theme-calling all wild animals

image   image

Dinosaur Birthday

image  image

image  image

https://www.etsy.com/search/handmade?search_submit=&q=birthday+for+boy+dinosaur+theme&page=1

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DS's birthday is in a few weeks. He was a 24 weeker and is a surviving twin.  We are having the party at our house but I am probably going way overboard.  I figure he did not get a Christening (he was baptized in the hospital) and deserves a big party.

Anyway, we are doing Dr. Seuss.  I am not usually big on licensed character stuff but while in the NICU we read Horton Hears A Who almost everyday...mainly for the quote "A person's a person no matter how small".  I also recommend Etsy, although it can be a bit addictive! 

• Options

I like the Superhero idea from PP. I got a book for LO while in the NICU for the nurses and doctors to sign... but it is really cute and in the end it says "Papa says I was very strong, even then. Mama says, I am her hero" and there is a picture of the little boy dressed up like a superhero. The book is called "Good Things Come in Small Packages (I was a Preemie)" by Candy Campbell. It is a really good kids book about being a preemie in the NICU. 

• Options
    imagemrsV719:

I like the Superhero idea from PP. I got a book for LO while in the NICU for the nurses and doctors to sign... but it is really cute and in the end it says "Papa says I was very strong, even then. Mama says, I am her hero" and there is a picture of the little boy dressed up like a superhero. The book is called "Good Things Come in Small Packages (I was a Preemie)" by Candy Campbell. It is a really good kids book about being a preemie in the NICU. 

I love that book and tear up every time I read it to my DS. I'm in planning mode for our party and I just decided to do his favorite animal which is a giraffe. I'm getting some giraffe stuff on Etsy and I may end up getting some of the paper goods from the 1st wishes website. One cute idea that I came up with is to do a self serve candy bar with 2 glass jars. One jar will have 2 lbs 13 oz of candy and the other will have whatever his current weight is in candy. I'll probably do m&ms or something like that. I need to think of the wording for signs for the jars but I like the idea of the visual of how far along he's come. Happy planning!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Our son is a 27 weeker and it is so comforting and encouraging to read all of your stories.  :)  His 1st birthday isn't until May but I like to plan ahead.  I really like the Super Hero theme. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"