Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Mission trip to honor Hannah Grace...?

So, my husband and I were thinking about what we wanted to be doing over my due date (September 20).  I didn't really think a vacation would make me personally feel better, and might make me feel worse.  We had talked about maybe doing a service project that day or a mission trip in honor of Hannah Grace.  As I was researching, I found one that is over that date (well, coming back that day, but close enough), is through a church I volunteer with (not my own church) that has a well established, long-standing global missions program and is to a country that I have become very fond of because of 2 ministries there that I absolutely adore.  It is to Uganda, which is also one of the 2-3 we had narrowed down to if we pursued international adoption over domestic (we plan to adopt rather we are able to have biological children or not).  Oh, and the church's process/program is very thorough and very well organized.  We had to apply, be interviewed and will have to attend weekly team meetings every week until we leave beginning in mid-July. 

And the very best part - it is at an orphanage there and part of what we would be doing is loving on the orphans :)

We have not committed for sure yet, but are leaning towards doing it as a way to honor our sweet daughter and make her brief life count.  The main problem is I am a big baby and am scared...but I don't want to be the kind of person who is like that, so I might need to just hurl myself out of my comfort zone.  If I don't do it now, it will be years before I can because my house will have children in it in the next couple years one way or the other darnit!  It is out of my husband's comfort zone too for different reasons (more touchy feely than he might be used to) - so we would both be growing as people I suppose.

Anyway, I just thought I would share as it is a bright/exciting spot in what has otherwise been a long, sad 2 months. 

I hope you all are doing ok tonight.  Hugs to everyone suffering through a loss.

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

Re: Mission trip to honor Hannah Grace...?

• Options

Oh, and here are the ministries that I love there - both founded by amazing women...one was only 19 or 20 when she established hers (Amazima)...her story is amazing....they both are.  Love, love, love.

www.amazima.org

www.exileinternational.org

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• Options
    Jenn you are amazing!! I think that it a PERFECT way to honor Hannah! She will be watching you from up above bragging about how amazing you are! Let us know what you decide but I think you should go for it :)
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageLoveOfMikesLife:
    Jenn you are amazing!! I think that it a PERFECT way to honor Hannah! She will be watching you from up above bragging about how amazing you are! Let us know what you decide but I think you should go for it :)

You are so sweet, thank you for such an encouraging message!  I have been thinking about you and your husband all day.  I hope it has been at least a little better than you expected, though the milestones are really hard.  I don't know how heaven works, but I hope Addy, Claire and Hannah Grace have all met :)  (But I wish they could have met some other way here with us!)

• Options
    I think that sounds amazing! Hanah will be watching over you and I know she would be so proud to call you mom and dad.
    "Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap and tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap and tell them about me?" DD 9/22/03 Our little sassypants! DS 4/10/10 My little man is growing so fast
  • Options
    I think this is a great way to honor your daughter.  Hugs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

**Warning pics in siggy**

I think that is an absolutely wonderful way to honor Hannah Grace!  I think it would make her proud.  I have recently been on my first international mission trip and I can tell you it was a wonderful experience.  It is out of your comfort zone, but that is a good thing.  Its where you receive the biggest blessings.  If you take that chance and go it will probably be an amazing experience for you.

I am going to have to look at those websites, we are always looking for new missions at church.  (I am our Missions leader)

You are an amazingly strong woman and I wish you the absolute best!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    What an awesome idea and so very selfless. You are thinking aboit giving and helping others at a time that you may need support yourself. I think you should take advantage of the  opportunity and go. I know one other girl who went to Uganda for a school project and was doing something similar to what it sounds like you'd be doing. She fell in love and is now pursuing going there for an extended period of time. Thanks again for an inspiring and encouraging post!!
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    imageally2011:

imageLoveOfMikesLife:

You are so sweet, thank you for such an encouraging message!  I have been thinking about you and your husband all day.  I hope it has been at least a little better than you expected, though the milestones are really hard.  I don't know how heaven works, but I hope Addy, Claire and Hannah Grace have all met :)  (But I wish they could have met some other way here with us!)

I don't know how it works either but I bet they are together! And hopefully they are happy and healthy and smiling :) And if Addy is anything like her father and I she is probably causing a little mischief as well!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"