Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Good Pre-school 'science' project/kit

Amazon has a really good deal on the butterfly hatching kit-

https://www.amazon.com/Insect-Lore-Live-Butterfly-Garden/dp/B00000ISC5%3FSubscriptionId%3DAKIAI2YF244XWR3NWH3Q%26tag%3Ddc1903-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB00000ISC5

10.57 (as of now- amazon changes prices fast- so jump on it if interested) Lists for 25.00

gives you a card to mail in for up to 5 caterpillars and you follow instructions and watch them eat and grow, make cocoon, hatch.

great project when coupled with reading 'hungry caterpillar' etc.

Also a GREAT birthday gift- so if you are looking to stock up for a gift-

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Good Pre-school 'science' project/kit

• Options
    DD got this for her birthday and she loved every minute of it.  She loved watching the caterpillars get bigger and bigger and also holding the butterflies.  See sig picture of her and one of her butterflies. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

adorable pic-

My DD got one too and she LOVED it. All of our butterflies were 'born' on Mother's Day and she was over the moon excited and it just made Mother's Day just that much more special to see her so excited. Our butterfly launching was also really cool- any time she sees a butterfly now she is CONVINCED it was  her butterfly and it is comign back to say hello. Love it.  Was a GREAT learning experience-

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks!  It's now $12 but I ordered anyway because it's still a good deal.  My friend's DD had that and loved it. We were there for the 'release'. 

Question: What do you think about giving that as a gift?  I only ask because I know you have to pay an extra $5 to get the larve sent to you.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

i give it as a gift all the time.

I believe it was 3.00. I always stick the amount in the birthday card for the child. I think its a GREAT experience gift- so much better than a toy that might or might not get played with

• Options
    My LO's looooved this!!!  they had it at her preschool too.  I'm thinking of asking her new school if I can donate one to them to teach it in class. 
  • Options
    Just as a side note if you haven't already bought this or want more, kids.woot.com has them about once a month or every two months for $8 each plus $5 shipping.  You can buy up to 3, so I buy 3.  It's less than $10 each including shipping and tax and great birthday presents so I stock up.  I also include the shipping cost of the caterpillars ($5) in the car or inside the box itself if giving it as a gift.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"