High-Risk Pregnancy

Project Green Light is a GO! (Type 1 Diabetes)

So I had my quarterly appointment today with my endocrinologist, and this would be the last appointment I would have with him before we start unofficially trying in September.  Well, my official preconception A1c is . . .

6.1% Party!!!

I am so freakin' happy right now!  Even though we have a few more months before we officially start trying, I'm so glad to get the green light from my doctor.  I'll continue to be active until then with spinning and softball that my A1c should stay rock solid until then.  

My blood pressure was good according to him (122/86, technically above normal but I'm blaming white coat syndrome), and my lab work was stellar!  Everything is falling into place and I just keep praying everyday I take my prenatal vitamin that God will continue to take care of us on this journey. 

Smile 

Married on August 23, 2008 Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Project Green Light is a GO! (Type 1 Diabetes)

• actresactres member
    Good Luck! I hope that things continue to go well for you these next few months as you get ready and of course the following 9 months!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congratulations! My husband and I aren't ready to TTC yet but have been talking about it and will probably start TTC in the next couple years. I've been T1 for about 15 years, with my highest A1c being above 14. At my last Endo appt., my A1c was 6.4 - my lowest ever!! I actually almost cried when my doc told me since it all kind of set in that being healthy is an obtainable thing, even with T1.

And I totally get the white coat syndrome, can't blame us for being a bit apprehensive and nervous around docs after so many years :/

Best of luck to you on staying healthy between now and September and all the way through a pregnancy :)

• Loading the player...
  • Congratulations! Though that really isn't necessary since you earned that A1c. Keep up the good work and remember to keep exercising when you do get pregnant so that you can keep yourself healthy. It will all work out and be a success I'm sure! Big Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"