TTC after 35
Options

WWYD / IVF related question

I am 40 and DH is 42. We have an 18 mo old DS we conceived naturally the first time. We had been trying for #2 for a couple of months, went to an RE where we found out it is DH motility and morph that is the issue. A urologist thinks it is because of a varicocle and if he had surgery it would be about 6 months for recovery to see any improvement. We have completed classes for IVF/ICSI  but I'm worried about twins. I'm wondering, should we do the surgery then try naturally on our own and wait until the fall to naturally try again or just go for the IVF/ICSI/ Any thoughts?

Re: WWYD / IVF related question

• Options

If it were me, I would NOT wait.  At 40 (my DH and I are both 40) I am on my 3rd IVF cycle.  I have 2 adult children and I am trying to conceive again.  We are having a tough time because EACH day counts especially when using your own eggs.  Depending on how badly you want another child and how much you have to spend on the process, you may want to at least consider having your eggs harvested and frozen so that when your DH does recover from the surgery, you will have some eggs left to fertilize. 

Good luck!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"