High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

multiple fetal echos?

Hey ladies, sorry for the multiple posts, glitches I guess...

Anyhow, I am monitored due to Sjogren's with my pregnancies.  With DD I had one fetal echo (everything looked fine) and then we were able to just do NSTs and weekly dr appts from 20 weeks on.  With this LO, we had our fetal echo (again everything looked fine) but the dr at the hospital is insisting that I come in every 2 weeks until 28 weeks along (he wanted every week but I balked at that since we live an hour from the hospital, I'd have to miss work etc etc).  I am currently seeing my obgyn every week for a heartbeat check and they said that if heart blockage were to occur during the next 5 or 6 weeks, that they could detect it from the doppler...

I guess better safe than sorry, but now I am wondering why the hospital is insisting on the extra fetal echos... especially since I just had my DD's fetal echo less than a year ago and although they mentioned more appts, they did not push it.  Does anyone else have to have multiple echos?  Did they give you a reason? Just curious.  Thanks!

We are having Irish Twins!!! Our sweet little girls will be 10.5 months apart! BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: multiple fetal echos?

• Options
    I had to, but only because they had issues seeing part of the heart due to how baby was laying. Also, DH has a heart murmur and I have GD. So they wanted to be extra cautious.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"