Postpartum Depression
Options

If you use/used trazadone & or celexa?

I am transitioning to celexa after a bad start with zoloft (horrible bathroom issues, like peeing...tmi).   My psych was afraid of of me getting an ulcer of the colon with all the bathroom issues, which apparently can happen long term.  

So, we switched to celexa.    I started it last night and took an ambien with it.   I did not really sleep as much as I would have liked on the ambien.    The psych mentioned trazadone at one point but we never really talked about it in length.    

My questions to either med or both if you have taken them:

1.   How much do you take?

2.   Do you take it nightly?

3.  Do you feel any side effects from it?

4.   Are you "hungover" feeling when you get up? 

Thanks ladies!    I am making this switch after 5 years on lexapro, which lost its effectivness......bummer. 

Re: If you use/used trazadone & or celexa?

• Options

Hi!

I use to take Trazadone and just weened off of it a month ago.  I had a horrible birth story that when i started taking medicines i was on Gabepentine, Lexapro, Trazadone, Lorazapam, and one other which i can remember.  Anyway totally off subject...sorry  I still take Lexapro and lorazapam.  I take them both in the morning and i use to take lorrazapam and trazadone at night (but now only lorazapam) here are my answwers to your questions finally!

1.)  In the beginning i took 4 50 mg (200mg) tabs before bed.  This made way to sleepy and hard to wake up.  i would sleep so soundly i woudn;t hear the baby.  I then when to 3 50mg (150mg) tabs before bed.  Same thing.  Went to 2 50mg tabs (100mg).  Perfect!  Slept well, but still was able to hear my baby, and wake up and function in the morning.  When i was weening of once i got 50mg  there was not purpose to it it didn't help me sleep or anything.  Remember i was taking lorazapam with it which can also help you sleep. 

2.) I took it nightly for 3 years and still may take it on ocassion if i i have a troublsome day.

3.) I felt no side effects, coming off it i had a few minor sides but nothing horrible.  I do wonder if all the medicines i am and was on have made it hard for me to loose weight....but they all say that is a side effect.

4.)  When i was taking the  200 mg i definitively felt hung over....i think it all depends on you and your dosage.

Hope this helps! 

• Options

1.   How much do you take?  I currently take 40mg if Celexa, with .25 miligram Xanax when needed. 

2.   Do you take it nightly?  I take mine in the morning, I never remember to take pills at night. 

3.  Do you feel any side effects from it?  Other than not being insane?  ;)  When we made the jump from 20 to 40, I started getting very vivid, strange dreams.  Nothing scary or sleep-interrupting, but just strange!  That's now starting to subside at 6 weeks. 

4.   Are you "hungover" feeling when you get up? Not at all. 

ttf21e9.aspx

ttf2202.aspx

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I am on celexa 30mg a day.  I HAVE to take it by 7:3-8pm or I am hung over in the morning.  It makes me so tired about 3 hours after taking it for about 12 hours.  It is not pleasant at all. 

This last weekend, Sat I took it at 11pm, and it was hard to get out of bed before 10am.  My eyes just closed and I was fast asleep.  It is hard, but I am dealing.

I am at the point where I would rather be tired then feel like I want to drive myself off the road.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"