High-Risk Pregnancy

Septate Uterus

Anyone here have this?? I had to have a c-section with Seth- he was breech- which is how we found out that I have this. I'm kinda mad at the doctor, he didn't really write down anything about it, he just informed that I have a septum in there. We're not even sure where it is really. Anyway has this caused any problems for you? Do you have restrictions from our doctor or anything? We still have 9 months until we're allowed to get pregnant again, I want to try for a VBAC, and I'm trying to get as educated as possible.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Septate Uterus

• I had one and miscarried very early because of it. I had surgery in april to remove the septum and am now pregnant again. I too am surprised you carried to term. You may have a bicornuate uterus and not a septum. Many docs confuse the 2 but they are very different conditions. A bicornuate ute has better pregnancy outcomes, but is usually not fixable. A septate ute has worse outcomes, but it is fixable. good luck
  • I have two completely seperate uteri, cervixes, and vaginas.  I was told that since there are two of everything, they are all half the "normal" size which increases chances for preterm labor and miscarriage.  I lost our first baby November 2010 and am currently pregnant again.  My doctor has me coming for visits every other week, he does an ultrasound at each visit and has me on several medications including weekly injections to prevent preterm labor.  I'm allowed to work but that's about it, the rest of my time is on the couch or in bed.  As the pregnancy continues, I will have more frequent doctor appointments and most likely complete bedrest (per my dr)....hope this helps a bit and good luck to you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you for sharing your stories! I'm am so sorry for all of you ladies. Miscarriage is an awful thing, I personally have not had one, at least that I know of, but my mother has had 4- 2 in the early weeks and 2 in the second trimester.

It is a septate uterus, he described it to us and said it is in the top of my uterus, he said it wasn't to big, but like I said he didn't measure anything at all. How was the surgery and recovery? We talked a little about surgery with my OB, but she wouldn't recommend anything until we get ultrasounds and other tests done to see exactly how big and where it is.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagepianist1989:

Thank you for sharing your stories! I'm am so sorry for all of you ladies. Miscarriage is an awful thing, I personally have not had one, at least that I know of, but my mother has had 4- 2 in the early weeks and 2 in the second trimester.

It is a septate uterus, he described it to us and said it is in the top of my uterus, he said it wasn't to big, but like I said he didn't measure anything at all. How was the surgery and recovery? We talked a little about surgery with my OB, but she wouldn't recommend anything until we get ultrasounds and other tests done to see exactly how big and where it is.

Surgery was super easy. I was better in five days!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"