Washington Babies
Options

fun things to do

My family is coming to visit while my BIL helps us do some work on our house.  There will be 4 kids total from ages of 11 to 3 and we need to try to be gone during the day as much as possible so the guys can work.

So far I have: Jetty Island, Vasa Park (if it's warm enough), Ballard Locks.  I'd like to keep it rather low cost (or free) since we have 6 days to keep busy and appropriate for various ages since there is such a wide range.

WIlling to travel if we need to: Whatcha got for me?

BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12

Re: fun things to do

• Options
    If its warm enough you could do the spray park at Willis Tucker. Lk Sammamish in Issaquah is nice too- you could bring a picnic and there is a beach area to play. You could go downtown and do Pike Place, touristy stuff. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It's a full day, but how about a drive up to Deception Pass.  Go thru Conway on the way and stop at SNow Goose to get mondo Ice cream cones.  Go over Deception Pass and go down to the beach.  Drive down thru Whidbey Island and stop at Fort Casey.  (I LOVED this as a kid)  Walk to the light house.  Come back via Ferry to Mukilteo.  mostly free except the ferry coming back.

Not free, but what about a Boeing tour in Everett? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    You could go to an Everett Aquasox baseball game. The games are in the evening, but they are great for kids. They usually have bouncey (sp?) toys set up before the game and other activities for kids. Tickets run around $9/ea so it's pretty affordable.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic EDD: September 22, 2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Snoqualmie train station, another vote for Fort Casey and Deception Pass.
  • Options
    a day on the beach at Alki if its nice, I think there are some less expensive times at the trampoline place and I'm sure the older kids would love that.  Also if its a nice day could you get them to wash your car?  I remember loving to wash my parents cars when I was little and then my dad would take me for a slurpee afterwards : )
    imageimage Brothers! image
  • Options

Do you have a zoo or kids museum pass? 

The movie theatres do kids movies on tues/wed for $1

Kangaroo farm in Arlington--never been, heard it's fun

• Options

-Take a ferry ride to Vashon or Bainbridge Island, go to the beach, have a picnic lunch

- Zoo

-Camp Long: hike, nature programs, climb rocks 

-Marymore Park 

• Options
    Thanks for all the ideas! I think we'll try Fort Casey for sure.  Like the Boeing idea too but you have to be 4 feet tall it looks like from their website.  Pray for sun, or at least not a lot of rain, or it'll be a long 6 days!
    BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12
  • Options

Fort Casey and Deception pass are oneof my favorite day trips.

You could also take them Letterboxing.

Bike ride/rollerblading on the Burke-Gilman trail.

You can do a mini olympics at a park and have all sorts of olympic events.

Is there a stocked trout pond for fishing around Bellevue? At Jennings Park in Marysville there is a trout pond for kids to fish at.

Can you have a camping party with tents in the yard?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

If it's nice, go to Newcastle Beach Park... it's a good sandy beach, a big grassy area to kick a soccer ball around, a play structure for the kids, bring a picnic, etc...

Grass Lawn Park is great too.  

And an Aqua Sox game would be great!  They do have some mid day games, so look at their schedule.  

The King COunty Library is doing somethng where they give away passes to some things... I'm unclear how it works, but you could check into it.  https://www.kcls.org/programs/museumpasses.cfm

A ferry ride is always fun... you could just take the ferry over to Bainbridge Island, have lunch and come back.  You could walk on that way and it wouldn't be expensive.  

There was this thread a while backabout hikes with kids:  https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/53332782.aspx

You could even just go for walks down by the Mercer Slough - there are trails all over Bellevue.   

• Options
    Yep, aside from more date specific events (which will be on my blog) here are some more ideas....

*Olympia Hands on Children's Museum
    *Picnic and mini-hike at Kubota Gardens (S.Seattle, gorgeous, free)
    *Fridays are FREE days at Soundbridge! (Benaroya Hall)
    *Free Sunday Public Sail @ The Center for Wooden Boats
    *Sunday Ice Cream Cruise around Lake Union
    *Tukwila-Foster Golf Links: Kids play free Sunday 12-6pm
    *Country Village for exploring, playing, shopping etc.
  • Options

imageWatchPot:
    Like the Boeing idea too but you have to be 4 feet tall it looks like from their website.

Unless they have a separate kid/family-friendly tour, the regular Boeing tour is pretty boring and not really for kids, esp young.  It also includes a lot of walking (and at a rapid pace, through the tunnels).  Sorry to be a buzz kill.

Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • Options

I love taking kids to pick fruit (none of the farms seem to care how much kids eat while they're picking, or weigh them afterwards), and then coming back to make something fun with them - pancakes, fair scones, shortcake (either from scratch, a mix, or storebought).  Berries are especially easy for all kids and a special treat!  You only pay for what you pick, and it's surprisingly inexpensive.  Plus most of the farms have other fun stuff for kids to do. 

This website is super helpful when looking for a farm.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"