VBAC

Birth story (finally) RCS

So, I was really wanting a VBAC, but after being three days overdue it was time for my scheduled RCS at 8:30am Thursday June 16th, 2011. I was disappointed but happy that I was able to schedule out care for my DD and I would know when to be ready. The morning got here and I was beyond emotional. Leaving DD was the hardest thing to do. Once I got checked into L&D at 6:30am I was put on the monitors and I started contracting! GO FIGURE! My MW told me we could wait and see what happened and just cancel but I decided since everything was already taken care of and these weren't too close together we should just go ahead with the c-section. Everything went as normal (IV, lots of Q&A etc) and soon I was walking down the hall to the OR. I started feeling nauseous on the walk and they gave me something to puke into just in case. When I got on the table we were ready for the spinal and I was nervous, but not too nervous because I remembered it from last time and it wasn't that bad. This time however....they couldn't find the golden spot and it scared me so bad! It hurt, it made me twitch, I shook...They kept telling me to try to relax and hold still. HA! Finally he said he got it and I was laid down. I thought for sure I was going to end up feeling everything. It worked out though. I got nauseated again during surgery and they had me breathing in through my nose and out through my mouth as they held an alcohol pad by my nose. Weird, but it totally worked! At 9:22am my son Carter Lucas was brought into the world making lots of noise! He was 9lbs 2oz and 22inches long. BIG BABY! My DD was born a couple weeks early but she was only 6lbs 12oz and 18 3/4" tall. This was completely different for me! He's beautiful and has lots and lots of strawberry blonde hair and bright blue eyes. Perfection.After I got out of surgery I was in the recovery room and I felt really sick again. I asked for something to puke in again and as soon as she gave it to me I started getting really sick. I made a mess trying to do it laying down. Yuck. They took my BP and it was only 64/36! EEK! I had to lay there and keep getting checked and the doctors came back in to see what was going on. I didn't get to hold Carter for quite awhile because of all this. They didn't want me to drop him or something. Turns out everything was okay with me, they don't really know what happened but it all started getting better after getting the vomit out and resting for a bit. I finally got to hold my little guy and drink him in. He was perfect.So the crazy part (and I'll make it short as this is already longer than expected) I took my oxy pill at 1pm that day and ever since then I have only had ibuprofen a few times! No other meds...nothing. I was up walking around, went to the bathroom, got off the food restrictions, everything the very first day. My nurses thought I was some crazy super woman. I swear to you I have been in NO pain. They asked me on the scale of 1-10 and I kept saying zero. A few times it got up to about a 2 or 3 but that was after getting Carter to latch on and my uterus was contracting while feeding and that hurt a bit. So, I was supposed to stay at the hospital until Monday at latest, but possibly Sunday (today) but Friday morning (day after surgery) I saw my OB surgeon because he did DS' circ and he looked at me and said "Wait...I delivered him yesterday right?!" He decided I could go home Saturday and said if I wanted to that he'd make it happen. So, less than 48hrs after my RCS I was getting everything ready to head home and by 2pm Saturday I was back in my own home with my new family of four. SmileSorry this is so long! Here are some PIP for making it through!imageimageimage
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Birth story (finally) RCS

• What a sweetie, congrats!  How awesome about your recovery too!  Yep, those afterbirth pains were definitely stronger this time around when nursing.  Enjoy your new family of four!
    DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lkf041lkf041 member
    Congrats on your son!  I'm so glad recovery was a breeze for you:)  
    DS- 11/08,  DD1 - 05/10,  DD2 - 11/11

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • He's beautiful!  Congrats!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats! He's gorgeous! Awesome recovery :)
  • Congratulations to you and welcome Carter!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Congrats!  That is a great RCS story - it sounds like it was a pretty positive experience for you overall!  Thanks for sharing - it's good to read positive RCS stories along with the successful VBAC stories.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Beautiful pictures!  Thanks for sharing your story!  Congratulations :)

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Great story! Thank you so much! Congrats. He's beautiful!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker    
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"