Georgia Babies

Sleep regression - any advice?

after getting into a two-nap-a-day groove, saturday began three days of hell. he used to go down with some fussing, but i always put him down drowsy but awake and he napped pretty well. friday he got some shots so i figured one crappy day of sleep was to be expected but nope.....

he has decided that all naps are torture no matter how tired he is. i would think he wanted to move to only one nap if he wasn't rubbing his eyes, pulling at his hair and falling asleep when he nurses but he is and he is so tired. yesterday he didn't nap AT ALL - 12 hours up. he stands in his crib screaming and i can't seem to make this any better. any advice? words of wisdom? bottles of booze you can send my way?

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Sleep regression - any advice?

• Are you sure he doesn't have an earache?  That hurts when they lay down and it used to cause Gavin to do just what you are describing... he would stand up in his crib and cry b/c he was so tired but it hurt so bad when laid down and he just didn't know what to do with himself :-(  If you can rule that out, then I'm guessing its some sort of a growth spurt and its messing with his sleep patterns.  For Gavin, these usually last a week or two.

• he actually was at the doctor's on friday for a check up and she said his ears looked awesome. damn, a week or two? do i keep trying to let him settle himself down (graduated CIO) or give it up?
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"