North Carolina Babies

A reminder to check your carseats

Don't even click on the link if you don't want to be sad.  Just please check to make sure all straps are nice and snug and everything is as it should be on your seat.  It is easy to get lax on some things over time.

https://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/9791808/

My sweet boy :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: A reminder to check your carseats

• How awful Crying
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • I read that earlier and was confused as to how the infant was thrown outside of the vehicle. I would assume she was not buckled in tightly or the actual seat was loose-and a window was opened or shattered in the crash?

That is so heartbreaking and I cannot imagine living with the guilt of that. Makes me want to run out to my car and check my seats.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagedbertagni:

I read that earlier and was confused as to how the infant was thrown outside of the vehicle. I would assume she was not buckled in tightly or the actual seat was loose-

Both, the car seat was not latched in correctly and the straps around the girl were too loose.  It makes me unbelievably sad to know this could have been prevented.

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • This is why I like to be the one installing DS' car seat in a car cuz I know how tight it should be and car seat safety is not something I mess with!! So sad for that family esp. cuz it could have been prevented. When we were at the library last week they had car seat safety people there checking car seats and making sure people knew the rules and recommendations for carseats!!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagebecki777:
    imagedbertagni:

I read that earlier and was confused as to how the infant was thrown outside of the vehicle. I would assume she was not buckled in tightly or the actual seat was loose-

Both, the car seat was not latched in correctly and the straps around the girl were too loose.  It makes me unbelievably sad to know this could have been prevented.

Ok-the story was updated from when I read it earlier today. It didn't say that before and I couldn't understand how that happened. I can't imagine how the seat was lose and the buckles were not tight, it must have been obvious. This is so sad and could easily have been prevented. 

• I shared this on FB earlier!  My heart aches for this family!!! And I did go check my carseat!
  • imagedbertagni:
    imagebecki777:
    imagedbertagni:

Ok-the story was updated from when I read it earlier today. It didn't say that before and I couldn't understand how that happened. I can't imagine how the seat was lose and the buckles were not tight, it must have been obvious. This is so sad and could easily have been prevented. 

The other thing wonder is also how the child was thrown out if the carseat was RFing. You would think if it was RF, she would've hit the seat or something. I wonder if the carseat was FF in addition to straps being loose, etc. Very sad....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"