Blended Families
Options

BM is Making Me So Stabby!!

Sorry I've retreated into lurkdom on this board lately.  Life has been busy but I just need to let this out.

BM sent a text to DH this morning, wanting to know when he's getting deployed.  He says why do you ask?  She writes back so that she'll know when to file to get her CS increased.

Are you effing kidding me?  This is the only thing that concerns you about the father of your child going off to war?  Nevermind that she'll miss him.  Nevermind that he might be killed or something.  Nevermind that she already has some behavioral issues going on. that will be most likely be aggravated by the fact that her daddy is gone, and she really doesn't understand why.

She then proceeds to read me the riot act about watching the Sesame Street video they have for kids, that explain deployment and reading her some books.  I had to hang up on her.  Probably wasn't the best move.  I just didn't want to say something that I can't take back and she was pushing me to that level. There's also a part of me that feels like I have nothing to defend.  We're preparing as a family so it's high time you get on board, and not just about your increasing CS payments.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: BM is Making Me So Stabby!!

• Options
    While I DO believe that your DH should offer to put a percentage of his hazard pay into a college fund for SD, I gave always had a problem with using BAH and Special Pays (other than long term specialty pays), when it comes to CS.

It is a waste of resources, since the court will only have to reduce the increase in a year, when the ADSM returns from deployment OR PCSs in 2 (and let's be honest, landlords KNOW what the BAHs are and raise the rent to max them out.).

You could ask your lawyer if SCRA might cover this. That is pissy of me, but really.

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Options
    The CS thing doesn't upset me so much, it's her attitude.  So damn spiteful.  Plus, she isn't acting at all concerned about how this will effect SD.  This time, she's old enough to know he's gone.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I hate that BAH and Hazard pay are considered for a CS increase. If those are not used for govt asst (like WIC - at least the last I knew it wasn't), then it should not be used as income for CS. Hazard pay is short term and it is there because these brave people are putting themselves into harms way.

I just saw a documentary is getting ready to come out and one portion of it talks about soldiers who are ordered to pay CS, based on deployment pay, and how when they come back they cannot get CS reduced and many are becoming homeless. Found it, here is the link https://www.supportthemovie.com/  It is Trailer #1.

And it is shitty that the BM is only worried about the money and not how long the DD will go without seeing daddy.

~Amy
  • Options

I don't really have any advice to offer ~ but your title made me lmao here at work...

Her attitude totally sucks ~ all about the bottom dollar ~ just like my DH's ex (she demands to know of any salary changes, etc on a regular basis....we've basically told her she can take us back to court, but she hasn't, yet)

• Options
    imagefishstix2020:

I don't really have any advice to offer ~ but your title made me lmao here at work...

Her attitude totally sucks ~ all about the bottom dollar ~ just like my DH's ex (she demands to know of any salary changes, etc on a regular basis....we've basically told her she can take us back to court, but she hasn't, yet)

Glad I could make you laugh!! 

• Options

BM said the same thing when she found out DH and I were deploying. We knew it would take a long time to change the CS amount once we returned from deployment so we filed a Stay of Proceedings with the courts so nothing could be changed to the current CS amount until a max of 90 days after DH returns from deployment. If you want the paperwork necessary to file with the courts I can email them to you. ekarnes7 at yahoo.com

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"