TTC after 35
Options

Need to bring the stress level down, but not sure how-Vent and long

Ok, so I was ready for a low key week starting yesterday, my boss is in France on vacation, and I have work to do but no pressure here.

However, 7:15 yesterday morning I get a phone call from the insurance adjuster who came to look at the recently vacated condo that I rented out to what turned out to be two total disgusting dirtbags who vandalized the wall and let their dog pee EVERYWHERE and left enough crap behind that I had to call 1-800 Got Junk to come haul it away.  It will cost me close to $5000 to paint and replace carpet, clean and get it ready to rent again (since I can't sell it right now).  Anyway, the adjuster called to give me the news that my insurance has an exclusion that does not cover vandalism by tenants. Fantastic, what the hell is the point of having the insurance anyway.  So there goes my $4000 claim that he put in for me.

I spent the better part of my work day making many phone calls for things that are related to this and other stuff that is going on. I left work at 5:30 after getting nothing accomplished there (workwise) and went home to chill out. 

DH had driven his car (with nearly 250K miles on it) up to Elmira, NY and back yesterday to go with his dad to the hospital for a medical procedure. apparently 350 miles each way in one day really didn't agree with the car and about an hour away from our house it broke down.  Fortunately it was close to his sisters house, so he hung out there and I went to pick him up last night and we spent some family time for a while and then came home. 

Just found out that it is the water pump and will cost almost $600 to fix. Argh!

I am on furlough for the first 2 weeks in July, and with all of these added expenses that are not going to be reimbursed I'm getting a bit panicked.

Also have to deal with going after these former tenants for some reimbursement above the security deposit but that is like trying to catch the wind. They refuse to give me a forwarding address and since I am not a career landlord, I didn't do the kind of background check that I should have when I was renting it out to them. Live and learn.

2WW halfway through and I am afraid to even think about it.

Oh and my 28 year old cousin who is pregnant with her 2nd set of twins from IVF just posted that she is having a boy and a girl. I'm happy for her, but I am just not in the mood.

Rant over. I think. Thanks for listening.

TTC since 3/2010. Me 41, DH-49. After 3 years, 6 IUIs and several IVFs we have finally have our beautiful baby girl, born on 11/7/13.

Re: Need to bring the stress level down, but not sure how-Vent and long

• Options
    mkwtmkwt member

Whoa!  That is a rough day!  I am sorry you are dealing with that. I work in the insurance industry and yeah that is not covered.  I also have a couple of rental houses too, and the one time I rented to what I thought was a little oldy lady, she let grandson with a criminal record move it.  He put cigarette holes all in my new carpet, busted my thermostat, and smeared feces all over the bathroom wall.  I was beyond PISSED!!  Ever since then I do the background checks and pay the money to do  it.  Lessson learned here too!  I know in my state you can go to court and get a judgement against them for the damages.  Just be sure to take plenty of documentation, how much the new paint, hours of labor, carpet costs, cost of removing junk.  They will place a judgement on the old renters, don't worry they will find them!  It may take you months, but you will get your money back.  Sorry about the car!

Hope today is better for you!

• Options

Yes, lesson learned. I have the documentation, I guess I am just afraid that they won't end up having to pay anything back.  Yours sounds like an awful story! I'm sorry you had to deal that that!  That is totally disgusting...

Oh, just one more thing happened in the last hour...DH is working from home today since he has no car, and he started running the washer and the downstairs toilet overflowed and he is now waiting for a plumber. this happened once before over a year ago and we had to get the line cleared out to the street. We have no idea why this woudl happen again so soon, we don't flush weird things down the toilet.

I feel very bad that he is home cleaning it up, but there is nothing I can do about that.

I swear, this is not "made up drama". It's just too much for 2 days!

Here is the silver lining in all of this. My boss is on vacation, so if I need to cut out of here early, it really shouldn't be a problem.

TTC since 3/2010. Me 41, DH-49. After 3 years, 6 IUIs and several IVFs we have finally have our beautiful baby girl, born on 11/7/13.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My husband is a plumber and this happening again in a year is common. prob. tree roots. sorry about your day. I hope the plumber is not too expensive.
  • Options
    All I can say is I'm sorry. What a terrible round of events. Life is complicated and hard and sometimes you just have enough. Hang in there:-)

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Options

imagejustadogmommy:
    My husband is a plumber and this happening again in a year is common. prob. tree roots. sorry about your day. I hope the plumber is not too expensive.

You are a genius, that tree roots is exactly what the problem was!  Wasn't too expensive and it will come off of our rent for the month.

I am making progress on this project at work, so things are looking up.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"