South Florida Babies

A Real Nightmare

I need to vent a bit but don't want to put any details on FB. So last night I find out that my sister and her husband were kidnapped for 4 hours about 1 hour away from Acapulco. They were driving in their car, the gang surrounded them and forced their car to stop. My sister saw several men come towards them with guns...she quickly stuffed her bra with $500. They took all of their electronics, several other belongings, their dogs' cages/food/leashes (they didn't take the dogs). They forced them to give all of their electronics passwords and in the process they got nervous, made a few mistakes when telling them the passwords and hit her husband over 20 times. Then they took her husband to a mall nearby, forced him to withdraw money from the ATM, then they took him into a furniture store and forced him to buy $3000 worth of furniture (until the bank stopped the credit cards bc it was getting out of hand). They asked my sister where her parents were...she said dead. There was another couple in their car nearby who did not cooperate with them...they were tied up, their fingers cut off and thrown in the middle of the street. After 4 hours of hell, the gang said that they liked them, that they cooperated, and that they would release them. If they stayed in that town and went to the police, they said they would kill them. They even invited them to go eat seafood after and obviously they said "no." They even gave them their number in case they ever needed "anything". Crazy!!! Needless to say, we are in shock and so thankful that they are safe. I'm just praying that she decides to come home, enough of living in MX City; she can pursue her music here! And no wedding in Acapulco, there is no way I am taking my kids over there!! Vent over! This is like out of a movie! :( 
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: A Real Nightmare

• Oh my goodness! Thank God they survived! I wouldn't live or travel anywhere south of the United States.  I have heard so many stories just like this one, this is actually the best outcome I've ever heard, they are lucky to be alive. I hope they come home, too. They must be so shaken up.
  • that is insane.  i'm glad they're ok and that they really do decide to leave.  i always hear those horror stories about mexico but i never thought that they really happened, more of the 1 in a million sort of thing.  
  • Loading the player...
  • That is so scary!  Your sister and her husband are lucky to be alive and I hope your family can convince them to move back to the States.

Most of DH's clients are from South America. Luckily, he doesn't have to travel, but the financial advisors do.  One of them was murdered last year and others have had attempted kidnappings.  It's very common, especially, if you stand out as an American or seem to be wealthy.   

• woooooow. that's crazy. 

TTC #1 May/June 2008
    CP 7.19.08
    Dx with PCOS 3.27.09
    HSG 7.15.09 = All clear
    8.09 & 9.09(re-try) IUI #1/2 - Clomid 100mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel=cancelled due to cysts
    10.09 IUI #1/2 - Clomid 100mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel Crinone 8%=BFP!
    22mm Follie / 60mil & 48mil post wash counts Beta #1 (14dpiui)= 102 Beta #2 (18dpiui)= 714 12.3.09 HB 135bpm

Our baby boy was born on 7.8.10 @ 38 weeks 2 days! 2:17pm 6lbs 8oz 20" long
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    TTC #2
    HSG 2.2013 - IUI 1/2, 3/4 = BFN - Took 4 month forced break
    IUI 5/6 Clomid 150mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel ( 11 & 15 mil post wash counts) = 2ww
  • omg :-( I saw a Dateline recently of a story like that!! SO scary!!!! thank you for sharing though, I will be staying away from Mexico for sure. I am so glad they are ok!!!!!
  • OMG, that is so scary!!! I'm so glad they're ok though! I wouldn't be going to Mexico either, just too risky! 
    image image

• How horrifying.  I literally am shaking.  So happy they are ok!!  I agree she needs to get out of there.  It is so sad that it is sooo unsafe there.  I also agree not to bring your children or go there myself.  There are travel alerts for a reason.

Again, so happy they are okay!!!!!!!

DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • I do not even know what to say!!! How horrifying! I am so sorry they went through this - and you, too - but am glad they are OK and hope they move home ASAP!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • How terrible :( I am so sorry you guys experienced that. I really hope Ale comes back ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad she's okay and I really hope she gets married here so that you guys don't have to go over there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • WOW!  In shock... so I can only imagine how you and your family are feeling.  SO glad though they are okay.  ::hugs::
    -- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"