Cincinnati Babies

Indianapolis Zoo

1. Who has been? What are your thoughts? Particular likes/dislikes?

2. Do they offer reciprocity (free or discounted admittance) for Cincinnati Zoo members?

3. We just want to stop and walk around for about an hour, en route to Chicago. Good idea or bad idea?

Re: Indianapolis Zoo

• We have been trying to go forever... My parents went last year and just raved about it.. They thought it was fantastic. To be honest, I think the Cinci zoo sucks.. Not laid out well, exhibits aren't close/easy to see... I grew up in Chicago & also lived in San Diego so admit I'm biased when it comes to zoo's... But anyway, vie heard nothing but great things about the Indy zoo

They used their Cinci zoo passes and got in for free. I would totally stop in if I were you...nice break in the car ride!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Man, Indy is killing me, here. No reciprocity for the museum OR the zoo? Dang...

https://cincinnatizoo.org/plan-your-visit/membership/faqs/

Q:  Can I use my membership for admission to other zoos?

A:  You can use your Cincinnati Zoo membership to receive FREE or discounted admission to over 100 other zoos and aquariums nationwide. Some popular organizations that are NOT on that list, however, include San Diego Zoo, Bronx Zoo, Indianapolis Zoo, and Newport Aquarium. You can view the most current list here. We strongly recommend you contact the zoo or aquarium you want to visit prior to your trip as the reciprocal list is subject to change without notice.

• Loading the player...
  • Huh... Its been a year since they went but I swear they said they used their Cinci passes.. I'll have to ask again.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's an awesome zoo. Very easy to walk around, great dolphin show, up close view of most animals. But it's pricey for an hour. Skip the train ride, they had to reroute it and you don't see any animals.
  • I checked the list that came with our renewed pass this year, and the Indy zoo is definitely not on it.  Boo, because Indy is a great place for a day trip.

We went a few years ago (just DH and me), and we really liked it.  I honestly don't remember specific things we liked/disliked, but it's a nice zoo, and I'm sure your boys won't be too picky. :)

Brady 7/29/2009 Avery 4/1/2011
  • I was just there with a friend of mine and her little ones a few weeks ago, I think its way better than Cincinnati. Its easy to navigate and the animals are easy to see. There is a play area that her son loved (maybe even more than the animals). Everything was easy to move around with a stroller, and that's coming from a childless person. I think its a good one :) Have fun!
  • I was just there with a friend of mine and her little ones a few weeks ago, I think its way better than Cincinnati. Its easy to navigate and the animals are easy to see. There is a play area that her son loved (maybe even more than the animals). Everything was easy to navigate with a stroller, and that's coming from a childless person. I think its a good one :) Have fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"