Food Allergy
Options

Just watched the MTV allergic to everything

I just hope that someday Will can eat as many foods that Zeke is able to.  I also think Zeke has a great attitude about it all.  I hope Will is like that as well.  One of the things about Will having Eosinophilic Esophagitis that I dread the most is as he gets older and more aware of his differences.  I guess I just don't want it to make him bitter or change him.  He is such a happy boy right now. 

Anyway, 18 foods would be awesome and I can't wait till we get there.  It is such a long process.  He was diagnosed in October and so far we have two safe foods. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Just watched the MTV allergic to everything

• Options
    TheBubTheBub member
    I wondered why they didn't talk about a feeding tube.  I know that has its own complications, but would they outweigh getting rid of his anxiety about drinking all of that formula?

• Options

It does come with its own set of complications.  DS is ALWAYS getting infections for example.  Maybe he decided that he would rather just drink it since he physically can.  DS had to get one because his esophagas was so bad that it was very painful for him to swallow anything so he wasn't eating period.  There was a long time period where he wasn't even on the weight percentile charts because he was so little. 

From my understanding, it is actually not that common for kids with EGID's to need feeding tubes.  Only the really severe cases.  It was probably something that they didn't have time to get into on the show though.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"