Washington Babies

Little boys and their Mommy's question

Last night Dh came home and gave me a kiss and a hug. DS saw this and came running, making all sort of noises and wanted me to pick him up and kiss him.  So I picked him up and we had a family hug, I didn't think anything of it.  Fast forward to today, my husband said DS is jealous of you, I said what do you mean?  He said the other day when he didn't want to share you with me.  Then he goes on the say how DS loves his Daddy but not enough to share his Mommy.  I told DH that was perfectly normal.  I am just assuming this is normal, right? I do spend more time with DS and just like I do with the dogs and they tend to favor me over DH. 

Re: Little boys and their Mommy's question

• Totally normal. It's not just boys and their mommy's, it's girls and their mommy's too. Emma used to get super upset when DH would try to hug me or cuddle with me. She didn't like sharing me. It eventually gets better, promise!
    photo 2d6f681a-40e8-42e5-a771-5a26c7ad29fe_zpsdce5d654.jpg Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • KNemoKNemo member

Enjoy it while it lasts. I still have a little mama's boy, but I am seeing glimmers of the tide changing. He is super into his daddy right now, and I only see him getting more and more into his daddy as he gets bigger.

He used to get in between the two of us more often then he does now.  And he used to not care if N left, when he came home, etc. Now it's all "I want daddy," "daddy coming home?" "Play with daddy!" "Daddy, daddy, daddy." He even cries when daddy leaves now.

The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• Loading the player...
  • I don't think it's anything about jealousy or not wanting to share you with daddy.  I think he just saw daddy kissing mommy so he did it too.  

Cooper makes sure everyone has their shoes put away and their jackets hung up.  Not because of anything other than mimicking what I do (or should do).  It's nto that he loves a tidy house or doesn't want mud on the floor.  They just mimick.  

If anything, maybe he's loving daddy and wanting to do whatever daddy does! 

• imageKNemo:

Enjoy it while it lasts. I still have a little mama's boy, but I am seeing glimmers of the tide changing. He is super into his daddy right now, and I only see him getting more and more into his daddy as he gets bigger.

He used to get in between the two of us more often then he does now.  And he used to not care if N left, when he came home, etc. Now it's all "I want daddy," "daddy coming home?" "Play with daddy!" "Daddy, daddy, daddy." He even cries when daddy leaves now.

That's Awesome Katie, I remember not too long ago he wanted nothing to do with N and only wanted you!  

And I agree it's totally normal, T still favors me over R!  But it's cute when R comes home from work and the first thing T says is "Daddy GO PLAY WITH ME?!?".  They have their own relationship and it's totally different than mine and his.  He still comes over and hugs us when we are hugging or kissing. Sometimes he'll ask for a kiss too.  I think it's sweet. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Yep, normal. Mine don't really get upset, they just usually want to come get hugs and kisses too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am totally enjoying it and thought it was cute that DS wanted to kiss Mommy after Daddy did. 

Jill- that is funny about Cooper, R does the same thing.  Yesterday we were at Nordy's trying on shoes and the sales girl was in the back getting more shoes and R was putting all the shoes back in their boxes.  He does not like things out of place. 

• I'd have to disagree about it not being about him being a boy.  Madelyn is *totally* can completely a Daddy's girl.  Mama is great, unless Daddy is around.  He is her TOTAL hero.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"