Food Allergy
Options

Allergic reaction?

We got my 18 month old daughter's blood test results back last week and decided to introduce foods that she tested negative for.  We started with peas, which I am a bit leery about since she is allergic to soy and peanuts.  Anyway, her RAST was a .27.  She ate them on Sunday night and loved them.  She had some red spots break out on her cheeks and was up at 11:30pm screaming.  We gave her a bottle to calm her down and she finally went back to sleep.

I gave them to her again last night, and she only ate a few then started pushing them away.  She didn't have any kind of breakout on her face this time.  She was up by 8:30pm (she goes down around 7pm) and was screaming bloody murder and rolling around like crazy for hours.  I finally gave her Benadryl at 11:30pm because it clicked that she could be having some kind of internal reaction to the peas.

I am planning on stopping the peas for a few weeks and then trying again to see if I get the same reaction from her.  Do you think this could be a reaction to the peas or just a coincidence?  Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Allergic reaction?

• Options
    Since it happened twice I would attribute it to the peas.  Poor LO!

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• Options

IMO i think she was reacting to the peas. Maybe when you get her back on peas try 2 peas one day, 3 peas the next day.  Just really small portion.

i'm sure you were super excited to introduce it so this is a total bummer. i hope it was due to something else. 

are the peas organic? if not, i would try organic ones, maybe she's reacting to the possible pesticides. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemagdusia:

are the peas organic? if not, i would try organic ones, maybe she's reacting to the possible pesticides. 

Yep, organic. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"