Cincinnati Babies

Recommend your Children's CD

Gearing up for our trip to Chicago, next week, and I'd like to add a few new CD's to our current rotation. After a busy weekend in the car, I've had "There's a hole in the bucket, Dear Liza...Dear Liza" stuck in my head all.day.long. Stick out tongue

Re: Recommend your Children's CD

• I recommend a portable DVD player over a CD for long car rides Stick out tongue
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Joanie Bartels' "Sillytime Magic" is cute. We all like Dan Zanes, whose CDs we get from the library. Ellie's favorites are her two Playhouse Disney CDs (which you can get at Target), but after listening to them 14,000 times, I can't say they're my favorites. And we also listen to Steve Tyrell's Disney Standards CD, which is nice because DH and I enjoy it, but Ellie loves it too.

Photo by Melissa Nicole Photography

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMiller238:
    I recommend a portable DVD player over a CD for long car rides Stick out tongue

Oh yes, we already have this, too. Wink

• Anything by Raffi.  We are big Raffi fans over here.  And they have most of his CDs at our library, if you don't want to buy them just for the car.
  • imagelinzpinz14:
    Anything by Raffi.  We are big Raffi fans over here.  And they have most of his CDs at our library, if you don't want to buy them just for the car.

Love Raffi! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Medeski, Martin & Wood, Let's Go Everywhere

Hands down, my favorite children's CD ever.  It pretty much rocks.  I like MM&W anyway (they're a pretty awesome Jazz trio) and was completely stoked to see they made an album specifically for children. 

Jack's favorite songs are 'Pirates Don't Take Baths' and 'The Train Song'.  My favorite is 'Let's Go Everywhere' which is a pretty rad (international) tribute to Johnny Cash's 'I've Been Everywhere'.

Admittedly, most children's music makes me want to stab pencils in my ear drums but, this one I genuinely enjoy.

I also like most of Dan Zanes stuff.  We have House Party and Family Dance, both pretty good.

• Nora likes Ralph's World. The songs are pretty catchy.

• Finley LOVES the Barenaked Ladies kids CD
    Welcome to the world Finley Michael - born 2/13/2010 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers pregnancy
    Baby Sister is coming soon!
  • We listen to a lot of the Sesame Street CDs, and their music class CDs. Disney soundtracks too, and right now shes really into Winnie the Pooh. Oh, and books on CD, like Olivia. Also, I recommend David Kisor's music,he is local (he plays at Joseph Beth occasionally) but his music is very popular nationwide amongst the wary childhood education set. Songs of Resiliance, Songs of Self Control are a couple CDs off the top of my head. I get them from the library. Google Growing Sound, that's the non-profit producer of his music.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • This is Katie's favorite.  She demands that we listen to it in the car:

https://www.amazon.com/No-They-Might-Be-Giants/dp/B000068C97 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"