Special Needs
Options

Need suggestions

My 2 year old just started walking 6 months ago, and now he is not talking, however he understands sign language.  His 4 year old sister, Alex is developmentally delayed and went through everything he is.  Is there any support groups out there for moms with dd children or is there a sign language class i can take? Just asking

Re: Need suggestions

• Options

You can usually find sign language classes at community colleges. A less expensive alternative would be to search out your local school for the deaf. They have many options for parents wanting to learn sign language and the classes are more geared towards vocabulary you would be using with your child.

It is best to learn sign from either a class or a video. Books just don't explain the movements enough. I also found this website helpful...

https://www.babysignlanguagedictionary-mysmarthands.com/Baby_Sign_Language_Dictionary_-_My_Smart_Hands.html

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• Options
    We have the Baby Signing Time program and really like it. It is geared toward teaching the child and parent useful vocab for everyday living, and is a DVD set to catchy songs.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We communicate with our son in sign, and love the Signing Time DVDs.  While we bought them, I later found out that we could have borrowed them from the parent resource library that our Early Intervention program has.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"