LGBT Parenting

NY Passing Marriage Equality

We have the votes! It's happening right now!  LO and I went to the rally tonight.  Fvckin yeah!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NY Passing Marriage Equality

• I didn't think I would cry but I'm sobbing like a baby (even though I think the dems caved on the changes but I'll save that for another day) :-)
  • Yay!!!! :-) 

I know what you mean about the caving, but as one of my friends put it, "The only two dudes in New York who want to get married at the Knights of Columbus hall are just going to have to take one for the team." 

One impressive statistic - Maddow pointed out that b/c NY is so big and most of the states who have gay marriage are so small, the number of people in the US who are eligible for gay marriage just *doubled.* Wow.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageleapgirl8:

Yay!!!! :-) 

I know what you mean about the caving, but as one of my friends put it, "The only two dudes in New York who want to get married at the Knights of Columbus hall are just going to have to take one for the team." 

One impressive statistic - Maddow pointed out that b/c NY is so big and most of the states who have gay marriage are so small, the number of people in the US who are eligible for gay marriage just *doubled.* Wow.

I don't care about the KoC because I agree not many queers want to get married in their halls...what I care about is that they carved out extra protections for non-profits to still get state funding (ie my tax dollars) and discriminate against queers. 

• I was coming to post about this! LOL. I was so excited, I have Human Rights Campaign on Facebook and I saw they posted it along with about 19 status updates from friends. I woke J up because I had been bugging her all week about it (she's from Queens) and told her and she said "Oh..yay." then went back to sleep lol. I'm sooooo happy. It's about time people got their acts together :D
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • NotFroofy and I were on a dinner cruise today, but had to keep checking updates from NY online.  We finally got the news just in time to enjoy the last slow dance afterward.
  • Yay!!! Congrats, New Yorkers! Now send some of that equality vibe our way--we need it.
  • yeah !!!! This is amazing . I know how i felt when it passed in CA!!!! it was amazing !! Melanie and I  both cried!!!!  This is HUGE !!!!

CONGRATS all!!!!

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • So proud to be a New Yorker right now! Even though My wife and I are already legally married it is so exciting to know our friends dont have to travel out of state to get married. This is a huge victory but we still have a ways to go!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • YAY, NY!

Sadly, we are in Kansas, one of the states that *rushed* to pass an amendment to the state constitution, prohibiting gay marriage. Yes, there is a move in our future!

But, the more states that pass it, the harder it will be for our lawmakers to keep denying us equality.

Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Yes  woo-hoo!!

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • Yahoo!!! My gf and I got news alerts on our phones while out with friends at Pride on Friday and there were high fives and celebration! Congrats New Yorkers!!!
  • I stopped by to say congrats on this big accomplishment. My brother was gay (he passed away when I was 8) and I really wish he and his partner could have lived to see the passing of this vote. I have a few LGBT friends and I'm very happy for them. My transgender friend and his wife that live in Illinois got married in Iowa a couple months ago. Everyone deserves to marry the one they love.

Anyway, I just wanted to say congrats and good luck to you all Smile

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • AWESOME NEWS!!!! 

Although my wife and I are legally married (D.C.) This is great.  We have doors opening.  Hopefully, MD will not drop the torch on their next go around, as that is where we live.  We just do all of our health, pregnancy, and work in D.C.!!   Congrats NYers!!!  A Little less farther for those to go to get married to the ones they love!

• leapgirl8:  Your post should have come with a warning about reading it while drinking soda.  Now my monitor has soda all over it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"