Adoption

I have to tell someone...

So I thought I'd fill in a few hundred of my closest friends, lol.

After spending about two weeks trying to figure out if we needed to start using a consultant in addition to our agency (big thanks to everyone who gave advice and recommendations), we decided to go for it.

Well...JUST as we were about to sign the contract and fax everything in, we found out from our current agency that we'd actually been picked by a birth mom LAST WEEK!!!

What the what ?!?!???!?!

Our agency didn't want to tell us yet because the revocation period isn't up until Thursday and they thought she might be wavering a bit (and this would make the third time we've had a birth mom change her mind).  So we are being "cautiously optimistic". 

The funny thing is we were supposed to have all this family coming in this weekend, so now we've had to tell more people than we wanted so that they could know to put their travel plans on "pause".

But, if this is God's plan, then on Thursday we will be driving to pick up our son!!!!

Like I said, what the WHAT !?!??!?!?!

I will keep you all posted........

((insert big cheesy grin here))

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Visit The Nest!

Re: I have to tell someone...

• amm78amm78 member
    So the baby is already born??
  • Congrats!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageamm78:
    So the baby is already born??

Yep, he was born last week.  We hopefully will be getting more information about him tomorrow.  All we know right now is he's a healthy baby boy.

• Congrats!  I am thinking and praying for you.
    Brenda & Phillip married 10/10/09 

After 6 years of failed cycles, we were blessed with our little man through adoption. 
    B born 1/3/2012. Adoption finalized 12/27/12

Back  on the IF crazy train...
    Sept 2013 - IVF #1 -  BFP, EDD 6/4/14, born 6/8/14
    Everyone welcome

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am so excited for you!  I hope everything works out and you will be holding your son on Thursday.  I will be praying for you.

• Praying you'll have your son in your arms! Big hugs to you!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh my gosh- that is SO exciting!  Praying for you, and wish Thursday would come sooner then later!!
  • Wow!! So exciting! Praying you get to meet your son on Thursday :)
    June 2010-Lap
    b2b Injectable IUI #1 7/25/10 & 7/26/10 = BFP beta 14dpIUI = 133 MC 9/14 at 9 weeks
    b2b Injectable IUI #2 12/5/10 & 12/6/10 = BFN
    IVF #1 ER 3/28/11 ET 3 embryos 3/31/11= BFN
    b2b Injectable IUI#3 6/28/11 & 6/29/11 = BFN
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome :)

Submitted Adoption Application on 6/1/2011
    Homestudy 7/19/2011
    IVF#2 CX due to Adoption Match
    We were blessed with our daughter through the gift of adoption
    IVF #2.1 ET 2 embryos 2/14/13 7 frostiesLilypie First Birthday tickers

• THURSDAY!!! Just a couple of days from now!

I'll be thinking about you and praying this is your son!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Moved to Domestic Adoption 9/09 Matched 10/09 Sweet little Luke was born 12/9/09!
  • imageMrsKolasa:

THURSDAY!!! Just a couple of days from now!

I'll be thinking about you and praying this is your son!

Thank you!!  We had decided to use CAC and were about to send them $$ when our agency called and asked us not to because we had this match.  So glad they decided to tell us, lol!  We're still trying to not get too excited though, which is hard.  Thanks for all your help and advice before...

:)

• imagedishy71:

So I thought I'd fill in a few hundred of my closest friends, lol.

After spending about two weeks trying to figure out if we needed to start using a consultant in addition to our agency (big thanks to everyone who gave advice and recommendations), we decided to go for it.

Well...JUST as we were about to sign the contract and fax everything in, we found out from our current agency that we'd actually been picked by a birth mom LAST WEEK!!!

What the what ?!?!???!?!

Our agency didn't want to tell us yet because the revocation period isn't up until Thursday and they thought she might be wavering a bit (and this would make the third time we've had a birth mom change her mind).  So we are being "cautiously optimistic". 

The funny thing is we were supposed to have all this family coming in this weekend, so now we've had to tell more people than we wanted so that they could know to put their travel plans on "pause".

But, if this is God's plan, then on Thursday we will be driving to pick up our son!!!!

Like I said, what the WHAT !?!??!?!?!

I will keep you all posted........

((insert big cheesy grin here))

CONGRATS!!! The same thing happened to us (minus the consultant part). We had already had 4 failed matches so they didn't tell us about our match until the minute the revocation period was up! We went in for a meeting and they told us about her and we got to meet her at the same time. It was amazing! They were worried we would be mad that they didn't tell us but they wanted to be sure she didn't change her mind before they told us. I wouldn't have changed a thing!!!!

You only have 2 more days! So exciting!!!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Congrats!!!  How exciting! 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

after several m/c, DD#1 born 7-7-08, more m/c and failed IVF, started adoption process March 2011, matched Oct 2, 2012, DD#2 born 10-31-12
    Hope Wait Pray Adoption Blog
  • Congrats and good luck. Praying for you!
  • Oh, wow!!!!  Fingers and toes crossed... and most importantly lots of prayers for the precious baby boy!! 
    image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Wow!! That is fantastic news. I hope and pray that everything goes smoothly and you are holding you baby boy in your arms on Thursday!!
                    Our Blessing From God Through Adoption
                   Our Blessing After TTC for 6 Years (natural birth!)
                             EBFing, CDing, BWing, SAHM
  • Wowser!! I would be ticked they hadn't told me but do get the point if you've had other failed matches and she was on the fence! How super exciting and I'm glad you didn't mail that check!!!!  You could be a mam day after tomorrow!!! So exciting!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    History of IF and 2.5 years TTC. The day we were to start our first IUI we received a call that changed our lives forever and 10 month old Olivia joined our family. Shortly thereafter we got a surprise BFP and baby 2 is due July 5, 2012

• HUGE congratulations!
    Left, Right
  • CheleChele member
    Great news! Fingers crossed.
    10/27/07
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"