Natural Birth
Options

XP: Placenta Encapsulation

Hey, all! Someone posted about this on a board and I'm curious about the capsules...anyone take these? Thoughts, opinions? Thanks so much, it's very appreciated!

Re: XP: Placenta Encapsulation

• Options
    I'm a FTM but am planning on doing placenta encapsulation. I found a really great website (https://placentabenefits.info/) that had lots of information and basically sealed the deal for me. I recommend researching it and asking around (probably doulas and midwives would be the best place to ask).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    IM planning on doing it too.  But not sure how Ill actually get it done yet. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

if you can't find someone to do it for you, you can do it yourself.  it's really not that hard from what i understand.  i personally haven't done it, but it sounds pretty easy. 

basically you just dehydrate it, crush it up and then fill empty gel caps. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have my placenta encapsulating service booked! :D I'm so excited. Ditto the link from PP to placentabenefits.info.

As for doing it yourself, here's a link I saw posted here before and bookmarked. Beware, there are pictures if you're squeamish. :)

https://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1577334/Placenta_Encapsulation_Instructions_w_Pictures

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm planning on doing it this time.  My MW gave me a business card of someone who will do it for me.  I think she's a traditional chinese herbalist?  She's not listed on the placentabenefits website, so if you look there and don't find someone, I'd ask around - doulas, MWs, yoga instructors might know of someone close to you.
  • Options
    I'm not down with eating my own body parts LOL but I saw another women who didn't encapsulate hers. She dehydrated and powdered it to mix with a smoothie.  That might be an easier option for those who don't have access to someone who can put it in pill form. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"