April 2011 Moms
Options

does your LO still use their swing?

When LO was born we werent sure we would use a swing, and now we arent sure if we should still get him one.

How long did your LO use their swing? and is it worth it to buy a more expensive one with extra features, or should we just get something simple? TIA!

Re: does your LO still use their swing?

• Options
    My baby still loves her swing - sometimes it is the only way we can get her to take a nap.  We have the Fisher Price Cradle Swing - My Little Snug a Bunny
  • Options

We still use our swing everyday.  Sometimes it is the only way to get Isaac to take a nap.  We have a fisher price jungle themed swing.  It plays music and has a mobile.  We used the features at first, but they no longer interest LO.  I think just a baisc swing will do the trick.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We use our swing every day.  It gets Leo to take two long naps in the morning and early afternoon.  We have a basic Graco and it does the trick!
  • Options

We have the Winnie the Pooh Graco one from WalMart. It was $109.00. It plugs in (as opposed to using batteries), plays music or nature sounds, and has six different settings. It's honestly the only way I get to make food, use the restroom, or shower if I'm home alone with him, so for us, it's worth it! 

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

• Options
    imageshaindelr:

It's honestly the only way I get to make food, use the restroom, or shower if I'm home alone with him, so for us, it's worth it! 

Ditto!

• Options
    Linus hated his swing at first but now loves it. We have the FP Rainforest. He watches the mobile a ton. I don't like the music on this one... too upbeat and usually I'm trying to get him to fall asleep. I usually turn the music on from the bouncer right next to it. I really like that it swings front to back and side to side. Some days he prefers one to the other.
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • Options
    She loves it. It's often the only way she takes a long nap.
  • Options
    if your not sure get a used one but we use ours EVERYDAY!!! LO loves it
  • Options
    LO is still using hers (sleeping in it as we speak), we have the FP Snug a bunny.
    Wallace is a big brother!
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DS loves his swing (FP Snugabunny). I imagine we will be using this thing right up to the weight limit - a day I am dreading!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

sometimes her swing is my bestfriend because it is the only place I can put LO down and get anything done

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This is how Claire naps during the day. Don't know what we would do without it! She is 10 weeks old.
  • Options

imagehammerb44:
    My baby still loves her swing - sometimes it is the only way we can get her to take a nap.  We have the Fisher Price Cradle Swing - My Little Snug a Bunny

This.  LO takes all his naps in it.  I don't see that stopping anytime soon.  We have the same swing.  

Dx with PCOS and IR June 2009
    After two losses, third time was a charm.
    pm me for blog link
  • Options
    KERJFKERJF member
    I am the oddball - DD doesnt love it anymore. We used it a lot in the beginning. Sometimes even at night to keep her sleeping. But now - I think we have used it 2 times in 3 weeks? She loves her vibrating bouncer now more.

imageimage
  • Options
    Ds napped in the swing until he got too big and heavy (I'm thinking it was like 5 or 6 months?).  Dd rarely uses the swing, compared to ds.  She sits in it maybe once a day, and naps in it maybe once a week or once every few week.  We have a Fischer Price cradle one. 
  • Options

imageKERJF:
    I am the oddball - DD doesnt love it anymore. We used it a lot in the beginning. Sometimes even at night to keep her sleeping. But now - I think we have used it 2 times in 3 weeks? She loves her vibrating bouncer now more.

This is us too. I put him in his swing (FP Snug-a-bunny) last night for about 10 minutes and it seems he likes it again. 

CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    Neither of mine ever liked it :-(

1st pregnancy: m/c began 1/12/09 d&c 1/13/09 8wks. Baby stopped growing at about 6wks.

Delaney: Born 10/15/09

Gavin: Born 4/8/11

Baby #3: due July 10, 2014

• Options
    Couldn't live without it!  Have used it since the day he came home.  I have the FP Little Snug Bunny.  I have the bouncer too which he really didn't like.  Every child is different. 
  • Options

FWIW:  I have a swing at home and love it.  LO is sleeping in it now as I type.

I will tell you though that I bought one originally from Target and it ended up not being a plug in model and I wasn't too thrilled with it.  I took it right back apart and Target took it back and gave me a full refund.  So I say get a swing, keep all the packing and if it doesn't work out for you take it back a week later.

I would encourage you though to look for plug in models as other posters have indicated.  I imagine you will go through lots of batteries if your LO loves it and it only takes D batteries.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imagehammerb44:

We have the same swing and it's awesome! DD loves staring up at her reflection in the mirror on the mobile. I only put her in there while I eat breakfast and then when we eat dinner, but it is awesome. It gets her nice and sleepy s I can usually put her down for a nap!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"