2nd Trimester
Options

Cracking back/neck

Do you crack your back or neck while you have been pregnant?

Re: Cracking back/neck

• Options
    do you mean by a chiropractor??  then yes i do.  i couldn't make it through pregnancy without her.
    photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • Options
    I'm confused why you're asking. But my neck has cracked when I stretch for years now.
    Raising a threenager since 11/11
    Baby boy #2 due 5/6/15
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I meant on your own.
  • Options
    I meant do you PURPOSELY crack your back and neck at all?
  • Options
    I do my back while lying in bed at night. Never felt the need to crack my neck.
  • Options
    I crack my back several times a day. I have pretty severe scoliosis and its the only thing that relieves the pressure at times. My doctor (an orthopedic surgeon) said it wasn't a problem.
  • Options

Yep! I crack my back and neck regularly. They get so tight if I don't. The only problem is that the bigger my belly gets, the harder it is to crack my back. 

I crack my back about 2x a day, my neck is anywhere from 0-5x a day, depending on my day.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm sorry - I thought you said "what" you are asking, not "why".

Because some people think cracking is a no-no...just wondered if I'm the only one doing it!  I have to - especially my neck.  Sometimes if I can get my neck to crack my headaches go away instantly.

• Options
    I crack my neck several times a day and my back when I can. I find it hard to twist far enough to crack my back now that I have the bump. I'm usually more successful if I do it while lying down.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 2/24/2008

BFP #1 3/13/13, MMC 4/17/13, D&C 4/19/13

BFP #2 8/7/13, Beta at 4w6d = 3,796

• Options
    I roll my neck, I've never been able to actually pop it deliberately. I have my husband pop my upper back if it needs it, because he's been doing that for me for years only he won't pop my lower back because I'm pregnant and he's not actually trained in chiropractic. And I twist my lower back several times a day, if it pops it pops and I don't worry about it.
  • Options
    Yep.  I pop pretty much everything LOL hips, back, neck, fingers, toes, elbows.  I'm just really stiff and have herniated discs.  It's the only way to lessen the pain.  It's been harder to crack my back since my middle's getting fuller though.  And I'm pretty sure I'll get big enough I can't do it at all. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagehoneybee #1:
    I roll my neck, I've never been able to actually pop it deliberately. I have my husband pop my upper back if it needs it, because he's been doing that for me for years only he won't pop my lower back because I'm pregnant and he's not actually trained in chiropractic. And I twist my lower back several times a day, if it pops it pops and I don't worry about it.

totally random question--how do you pop your upper back?  i feel like this would help me SO MUCH if i could somehow do it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think I crack just about every part of my body.  As I get bigger, cracking my lower back doesn't tend to happen, unless I lay flat on the floor and then rock from one side to the other.  Half the time, when dh hugs me, my upper back will let out a series of cracks and pops. 
  • Options
    Being a chiropractic student, it is best if you go to a chiropractor to get this done. It is much more effective and safe to have someone that knows what they are doing and can find where/what the problem is then by trying to correct it yourself. I love getting adjusted at school by my doctor. Correct chiropractic treatment can help you have an easier labor and delivery as well as keep you feeling great during your entire pregnancy! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"