January 2011 Moms

Another solids question

I'm EBF and was told to introduce solids as a snack/dessert vs an actual meal....so I've been giving LO half a container an hour before his bedtime feed.  He LOVES food so I'm planning on giving him the other half of the container at lunchtime, so one full 4 oz container a day.  At what point did you guys move to a full container at each sitting?  I'm worried that since he loves the food, that he'll eat too much and not drink enough BM and start losing weight since food is fewer calories.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Another solids question

• I don't know if this is the right way to do things at all, but we feed Simon after he has his bottle. Maybe an hour or hour and a half after his bottle we do the solids, so he's still getting the full # of ounces of formula. He still eats all his solid food too, and it feels like he is ALWAYS eating, but it helps me feel better since, like you said, the milk has the real calories and nutrients. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I go see the ped next week and have a long list of ?? about this!

But for now we nurse for a few minutes (like 2 or 3), I give him cereal, as much as he'll take then nurse him soon after. He's been wanting to nurse after the cereal anyway.

However, I know cereal is boring and maybe that could be why! When we try fun stuff it may be different.

I'm also wondering how I'm supposed to get in a second feeding (we currently do late morning/lunchtime only) because he always nurses himself to sleep right before a nap. I also don't know when to introduce a second solid feeding either.

Oh, questions...questions...questions 

• Loading the player...
  • imageMrsLynnyD:

I go see the ped next week and have a long list of ?? about this!

But for now we nurse for a few minutes (like 2 or 3), I give him cereal, as much as he'll take then nurse him soon after. He's been wanting to nurse after the cereal anyway.

However, I know cereal is boring and maybe that could be why! When we try fun stuff it may be different.

I'm also wondering how I'm supposed to get in a second feeding (we currently do late morning/lunchtime only) because he always nurses himself to sleep right before a nap. I also don't know when to introduce a second solid feeding either.

Oh, questions...questions...questions 

ME TOO! We feed him solids at "dinner" time, but he falls asleep at his "lunch" bottle also! And he already takes a bottle every 1-2 hours in the morning so I don't know where I'm supposed to squeeze breakfast in. He barely gets his 24 ounces a day and the pedi said she is DEF not comfortable with him having any less, but with his reflux I can't give him more than 4 ounces at a time. UGH! So complicated! lol!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD gets a bottle every 3 hours. We typically do her solid feeding 2 hours after her second bottle on the day. The solid food usually stretches out the third bottle to 4 hours after the previous one instead of 3 hours. She gets 4 oz solid food and 6oz formula per bottle (30oz/day).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"