North Carolina Babies

Give me the push

I'm almost 100% sure Wy is ready for the change to his toddler bed. We're all over the place with naps right now anyways as we're transitioning into whatever his new schedule is going to be it seems. But he's still good with going down when he's supposed to and just having quiet time in his crib for a little bit each time. So regardless of actually sleeping, we're still getting one good nap a day and then some quiet time. Which I'm totally fine with. Seems to work well for him.

He understands No and his consequences when he's in trouble. I think he'd do ok with the transition (with the normal adjustment time I'm sure). I'm just a little scared to try it. In theory I'd like to put him in the toddler bed starting in July and then transition him to his new room once he's good with sleeping in the toddler bed. One step at a time. I need someone to push me and tell me it's not going to be as scary as I think it will be in my head! Suggestions to make it easier?? TIA!

Re: Give me the push

• If you think he's ready, it can't hurt to try. Assuming you need his crib for the new baby, you've got to do it eventually, right?

As far as saying it won't be...ahem--an experience... I'm probably not the one to ask. Zip it! LOL.

Thankfully, even with the stress that we went through, all is perfectly fine now and has been for a few months. All in all, I don't regret making the move when we did one bit.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Let's try it together, Tracy - we can moan and groan about why we decided to together, LOL.

Actually...my pedi recommended making the switch a few months before LO2 arrives, and I am trying to avoid purchasing another crib at all costs, so we're planning on doing it in the next few weeks, either way.

• Loading the player...
  • imageMrsHughesNC:

If you think he's ready, it can't hurt to try. Assuming you need his crib for the new baby, you've got to do it eventually, right?

As far as saying it won't be...ahem--an experience... I'm probably not the one to ask. Zip it! LOL.

Thankfully, even with the stress that we went through, all is perfectly fine now and has been for a few months. All in all, I don't regret making the move when we did one bit.

haha I think you are why I'm terrified Wink

• We moved DD#1 at 17 mo. before DD#2 was born.  Although there was a transition, overall it wasn't bad and I'm glad we moved her before DD#2 was born.

We're actually considering moving DD#2 to a twin bed soon.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"