Parenting after 35

My neighbors, again.

Just sitting next to the open window, my cat is perched on the chair behind me. It's dead quiet outside and a blood curdling noise comes from next door. At first I thought it was their cats fighting, and the sound happens again. They have an effing goat on their deck. Three doves in a cage on the deck, a seperate cat pen, a friggin goat, two dogs and yeah, I'm not kidding, a monkey. I think my bylaw buddy and I need to have a chat tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure there is no permit for the monkey, and the goat is considered a farm animal and not allowed in corporate limits. The dogs are not licensed. And the doves are driving me nuts. And yes, I have pictures of some of it. They just took the goat inside the house for the night. Gah. I'm going to my happy place now and count down the days till we move.

At least she said they'll get the trucks off the lawn when we list. Tongue Tied

Re: My neighbors, again.

• Oh HELLL no.   Goats are nasty, smelly, loud creatures.    If he doesn't comply, tell him you'll call animal control ASAP.  You can't live with that nonsense anymore.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yeah, tell me about it. The one daughters boyfriend rolled his car, and they brought the wreck back and put it on the front lawn last week. That only lasted a day because someone complained as soon as they saw it being off loaded. Or the couch that sat on the front lawn with the broken fireplace, 4 hay bales and 7 gas cans. DH took care of that, being a fire hazard and all. I guess they wanted a smoking couch. They are nice, but I think they smoke way too much grass.
  • Loading the player...
  • Sounds scary. Are you sure they also have a monkey?
  • Okay, I just went outside because I heard it again and it's very loud and awful to listen to. It's that awful screeching sound that some monkeys make. And get this - it's a parrot on the deck with the doves. But I really wouldn't put it past them to have a monkey, it is their style.
  • OMG, you have the biggest redneck neighbors I have ever heard of. 

And BTW, goats are really friendly smart animals.  They have a lot of personality and are very affectionate.  The Billies smell bad but the nannies are not too bad.

• steverstever member
    What the heck?
  • Yes, they are redneck hillbillies and they even have the tshirts - they admit they are!! I don't think the goat would bother me except that they have a crapload of animals already, and they keep them in the house. We live in a small town that passed a law a few years ago regarding what animals you could keep because people were keeping all sorts of farm animals in really unsanitary conditions, and not looking after them.

The thing that tipped the balance was when the fire department had to chase down an orangutan from what once was a petting zoo/urban farm. What I listed was what I can see outside occasionally. I know the one daughter said they had reptiles at one point, but I don't know that they still do.

To put it in perspective, the house is 1100sq ft, there are 6 adults (mom, sd, kids and spouses) and a two year old. Plus the critters. And a sport motorbike in the kitchen. Three dead trucks in the back yard. And a broken camper laying on the ground. I'll upload pics tonight.

All this within short driving distance of a major city.

• There are no words.  Sounds like a TV episode.
  • Man, I thought my neighbors were bad but they've got nothing on yours. I'm not dealing with wildlife, just a man that likes to start home improvement projects that require the use of power tools outside at 8 PM.

Feel free to enjoy a sweet treat of your choosing--dealing with what you're dealing with, you deserve many sweet treats!  Or maybe something with hard liquor.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Rum and OJ....I need to seriously get groceries. And yeah SC, your neighbor lives on the other side of me. He likes late night and early morning projects that involve power tools and duct tape. There is way more to the story, but it really sounds like a bad comedy sitcom. I'd like to know how on earth we got the two strangest in the neighborhood on either side of us. Everyone else seems relatively sane.
  • imageSugarChick10:

Man, I thought my neighbors were bad but they've got nothing on yours. I'm not dealing with wildlife, just a man that likes to start home improvement projects that require the use of power tools outside at 8 PM.

And I thought Hillbillies are from West Virginia and the Appalachian Mountains?

My nephew was almost the neighbor with the late night power tools.  He has a propane fired forge.  (He thinks he is a blacksmith)  One night at 7:30 he goes out and fires it up and starts banging with a sledge on hot metal.  I had to explain to him about time changes and that it was now daylight longer in the evening but 8pm is still 8pm no matter how bright it is outside.

• That is so crazy especially for Canada!  Goats eat everything...keep your cat indoors! Surprise So glad you're moving soon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What the what??  Honey, I live in the deep south and I have NEVER seen rednecks like that.  You should totally have animal control and code enforcement in your speed dial.  Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"