Nevada Babies

Midwife? Insurance?

Anyone know of any midwifes in the area that are in a hospital or birthing center?

Also, anyone have any suggestions on health insurance?  Especially those with a private policy?  I only have catastrophic coverage for work- so we are looking into plans for comprehensive coverage...  Not from Vegas, so I'm not sure what providers are good etc.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Midwife? Insurance?

• I'm seeing a midwife through Women's Specialty care.  They have two in the practice and are associated with different hospitals in town.  Charlene Hana Manfold is really great and she goes to Centennial Hills and Mountainview hospital. 

I also have a private policy through Health Plan of Nevada.  It is kind of pricey but the coverage is good.  LO will be under HPN also.

Good luck!

•  

Midwife: Baby's First Day 6000 S. Eastern Ave., Suite 9-A Las Vegas NV  89119
    702-269-6018 April  - I have heard only good things about her from lots of other people but this is my first child and I am not using a midwife so I have no personal experience with her.  

If you aren't already pregnant HPN has the best plan but it has a waiting period.

If you are pregnant there isn't anything unless you qualify for Medicaid.

However, I did go through a company called First Preferred and they helped me find coverage that will cover my maternity pretty well through a company called AMLI. It's not cheap, a little over $300 a month, but better than paying cash. If you want their info email me and I will give you the phone # I have.

Best Wishes

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you!  I can't believe there aren't any hospitals with midwives out here.

I did wind up finding health insurance.  And now... I need a pediatrician/family practice doc who supports my sometimes controversial parenting : )  (ie not giving my daughter milk; spreading out vaccinations)-- either of you have a good doctor to recommend??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"