Virginia Babies

Stressed out

I need some help destressing.  Its been a bumpy couple of weeks.  For the past 5 months I've been taking care of my niece, and lets face it how can you not get attatched to a child that you and you husband have been raising.  Now her mother is coming to get her, which was our agreement.  I am happy she is getting to go home to her mom, I know it's whats best for her. But it doesn't make giving her up any easier.  I keep hearing everyone say at least your about to have one of your own now. It just doesn't make me feel any better about it and frankly I'm tired of people telling me that over and over, its not helping.  To top it all off we also just found out that my husband is being laid off from his work.  I'm seriously stressing about all this and I know its not good for the baby.  This is my second pregnancy, I lost the first one and I do not want to go throught that again.  I know I need to stop all this stressing even if its something as simple as meditating for a few minutes, if any of you have any suggestions please let me know I could really use some support from people who can give me some out side prespective.  Thanks so much and sorry to be a downer today.

Re: Stressed out

• aww I'm so sorry you have so much going on :(  Do you have a good girlfriend who can help be a de-stressor with you? Maybe find a women's group in your area.
    Craft Blog
  • Thank you, its gotten a little easier to deal with the more time I've had to process, this week is the week my niece leaves.  I don't know how I will do but I'm trying my best to hold it together at least for my husband's sake. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Do you have a hobby?  I love to knit while I am stressed...or create anything.  I still think about what is stressing me, but it's different because I am able to calmly think about it.  I can't even imagine someone telling you not to worry because soon you will be having a child of your own.  I know those people are probably just trying to help, but really?

The other thing I would suggest is find something that you can still do with your niece.  I mentioned the above knitting idea because I love making things for other people, even if I think they will never use it or think oh man here is another homemade thing.  Maybe you can teach her about being a pen pal.  I know she is little, but still.  If she responds, great. If not, hopefully just the act of putting something together for her will help you.

For your husband, I am sorry, but I am at a loss for that one.  All I know is that women have found ways to hold it together for their husbands since the beginning of time.  I know you will be able to do it, as well.  We are strong people, us women :)

Good luck!!!  I hope the transition is smooth! 

Stefanie Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"