Detroit Babies
Options

Place to watch Detroit fireworks with baby??

We are new to the area and want to go somewhere to watch the fireworks on Monday with the little one. Is there anywhere further away that wont hurt his ears, but can still see them?? Thanks for the advice!!!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Place to watch Detroit fireworks with baby??

• Options
    Please don't go to Detroit to watch the fireworks with your baby.  The crowds get so rowdy, there have been shootings in the past down there on that night.  People driving drunk after their over.  Watch them safely from your family room in front of the TV.  Otherwise drive over to the Windsor, Canada side and watch it from there. 
  • Options

imagelittlemermaid:
    Please don't go to Detroit to watch the fireworks with your baby.  The crowds get so rowdy, there have been shootings in the past down there on that night.  People driving drunk after their over.  Watch them safely from your family room in front of the TV.  Otherwise drive over to the Windsor, Canada side and watch it from there. 

totally agree.

i'd catch a suburban show instead. check the local paper on where to find the shows close to you. 

https://detroit.about.com/od/familyactivities/tp/detroitfireworks.htm
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice. That is a bummer, but I guess TV or a smaller local show is better than nothing! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

"safer" then nothing is the key.

every year there are a number of shootings at the detroit fireworks. i love detroit and lived in downtown for 2 years with Fi. But would NEVER take my step kids down there.... let alone go myself as an adult. just isn't worth it. people are idiots. :( i don't feel like detroit is always unsafe.. however, i do think the fireworks in particular are unsafe.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"