North Carolina Babies

rec. place for prenatal massage

Hey ladies! I'm hoping before my LO gets here I can have a day for myself and get a massage then get my hair done etc. My question is, do you have any recommendations as to where to get the massage done? I live in Concord and don't mind having to drive to get it so anywhere in Charlotte, Huntersville, or somewhere within an hours distance. Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Member since 2010 ❤️
#1 BFP 12/31/10 EDD 8/14/11 Born 8/9/11

#2 BFP 3/20/12 EDD 11/17/12 M/C 3/25/12

#3 BFP 11/17/12 EDD 8/5/13 Born 8/4/13

#4 BFP 1/26/14 EDD 09/29/14 Born 10/01/14

Re: rec. place for prenatal massage

• I don't have a place to recommend, but I will give you a heads up. Massage Envy does prenatal massages and my DH got me one right before my 2nd baby. I was not informed, however, that all of their prenatal massages are done on your side, not on your belly with the special table with hole. For me personally, I opted to not get one considering I was so uncomfortable on my side it would have been a waste. When you book with a place make sure you ask! Some people don't mind a side massage but all I wanted was to lay in a way I couldn't normally. Just FYI!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • This won't help you but I thought I'd post. I went to Skin Sense in Raleigh at the end of May before my due date and had the WORST experience for my prenatal massage (pedicure was great). Just an FYI to anyone in the Raleigh area that may read this post..the therapist was horrible and I would not recommend them for the price I paid, I was very upset!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLalabee0425:
    I don't have a place to recommend, but I will give you a heads up. Massage Envy does prenatal massages and my DH got me one right before my 2nd baby. I was not informed, however, that all of their prenatal massages are done on your side, not on your belly with the special table with hole. For me personally, I opted to not get one considering I was so uncomfortable on my side it would have been a waste. When you book with a place make sure you ask! Some people don't mind a side massage but all I wanted was to lay in a way I couldn't normally. Just FYI!

I didn't even think about this! I would be very uncomfortable on my side the whole time too, so thank you for the heads up, I'll be sure to ask wherever I end up going.

Member since 2010 ❤️

• I love Celeste at Celestial Soul Massage!  I went to her through both pregnancies and she never let me down.  She has one of tables that you lie face down and it is like a slice of heave.  She's a bit pricey, but worth every penny IMO 

https://www.celestialsoul.com/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagedbertagni:
    This won't help you but I thought I'd post. I went to Skin Sense in Raleigh at the end of May before my due date and had the WORST experience for my prenatal massage (pedicure was great). Just an FYI to anyone in the Raleigh area that may read this post..the therapist was horrible and I would not recommend them for the price I paid, I was very upset!

I'm surprised.  I've gone there for all my prenatal massages and loved them.  Sorry to hear you got a bad therapist. :(

Also, unlike the other posters, I really didn't like prenatal massages on my belly.  It felt unnatural for me and I couldn't get comfortable or relax.  I've done all mine on my side except the one time I tried on belly and had her switch me halfway to side lying.

Enjoy!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagecate1119:

I love Celeste at Celestial Soul Massage!  I went to her through both pregnancies and she never let me down.  She has one of tables that you lie face down and it is like a slice of heave.  She's a bit pricey, but worth every penny IMO 

https://www.celestialsoul.com/

This place sounds amazing, thank you!

Member since 2010 ❤️

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"