D.C. Area Babies

taking a cab from National with 7 mo old

My usual chauffeurs (my family) are not going to be around when I arrive home at National airport after a plane trip I'm taking with 7 mo. old DS in July. 

I'm thinking I should just bring/gate check the Graco stroller/carrier/car seat, then when I get off the plane just take a cab - throw the stroller in the trunk with our bags and seat belt the carrier into the back seat, then hope we don't get in an accident?

I have zero confidence in my ability to strap that carrier thing into a seat belt correctly.  But I guess I have time to practice...

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.

Re: taking a cab from National with 7 mo old

• I haven't installed a Graco seat with a seatbelt, but our Chicco seat is actually really easy to install without a base using the seat belt. There are little guides at the top that you run the belt through. I think the Graco seat has something similar. (The seat belt ends up going above the baby's lower legs or waist.) The hardest thing is making sure you get the belt tight enough, but that's fairly easy with just a lap belt. Lap/shoulder belts are a little tougher, but I'm guessing a lot of cabs are old enough to have just a lap belt in the middle.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We installed our Graco Snugrides several time with just the belt (like during Snowmageddon this past February when only DH could get to DC to get the LOs in our tiny Honda Fit b/c I was stuck in the snow with the minivan). It's super easy. Just go to YouTube and search for videos of it, and you can see how it's done. But, like PP said, you just weave the lap belt through two hooks on the sides of the seat. You shouldn't have any problem with a cab as long as they have working seatbelts.
  • Loading the player...
  • Great idea to go to You Tube to find a video.  Thanks ladies!!!
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"