Upstate NY Babies
Options

Now that I fessed up, I need help!

I'm about 9.5 weeks along right now (due 1/25) and my morning sickness is pure hell. I had it with DD, but I honestly don't remember it being this bad. With her, I could do something (lemony things, gingerale, etc) and get relief, but this time nothing is helping. I've done lemon stuff, ginger stuff, sour stuff, bland stuff, Vit B6, bought sea bands today and NOTHING is helping at all. I bought unisom tonight to do the B6/unisom combo and after that, I'm stumped. I've spent easily $25 on relief, but not getting any. And its constant-nausea from the time I get up to the time I go to bed. I think I felt decent for a whole 5min today and thats it. And today I vomitted for the first time too (never did with DD). Any other suggestions??  Its going to be a loooooong few weeks until this hopefully goes away.

Re: Now that I fessed up, I need help!

• Options
    I actually lost over a pound a week for weeks 5 through 11 for both my pregnancies!  I tossed my cookies several times a day.  The only things that ever helped me was cold watermellon and just giving in to the nausea.
  • Options

imageTinyPinkBug:
    I actually lost over a pound a week for weeks 5 through 11 for both my pregnancies!  I tossed my cookies several times a day.  The only things that ever helped me was cold watermellon and just giving in to the nausea.

There have been so many times I wish I could vomit-literally will sit at the toilet, etc. but it just won't come! Then I tell myself its not like the flu where you get sick then feel better. Like today after I vomitted, it helped for a minute then I was back to feeling blech again

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The only thing that helped me with Evan is sleeping...I would just go to bed instead of suffering...ugh I'm really sorry!!!
  • Options
    I had hyperemesis through out my pregnancy and found very few things that helped. Cherrios when I felt nauseaus helped. Watermelon and popsicles were about the only things I could keep down in the very beginning. My doctor put me on a generic form of Zofran and it helped for the most part. For the generic version I think we paid only $20.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Zofran was my hero! Before zofran I would throw up at least 4 times before I got to work... And I had just started a brand new job. It was terrible. I started zofran at about 7 weeks and had to use it everyday until about 29 weeks. After that it was just whenever I needed it. I had terrible morning sickness .. I tried everything you mentioned in your post before I got zofran. It took my nausea from a ten to a 3. There is no way I could have been functional without it. This may be TMI but if you do take it... Take stool softeners.. Trust me! :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

SO sorry! I puked literally until the day of delivery, nothing helped me. Nothing you mentioned gave me any relief.

This may sound silly but a couple weeks in, I figured I might as well just meditate and pray b/c nothing else was helping, and the meditation seemed to help. Cinnamon hard candy would take the edge off, sometimes...at least enough so I wasn't puking in front of clients. 

Best advice I got was keep a puke bucket in the car. Ugh.

Good Luck!

• Options
    You sound exactly like me this time around. And really the only time I didn't feel sick was when I was sleeping so I pretty much went to bed immediately after I would get her in bed at night. I too tried all the remedies this time that worked last time and then some and nothing helped me. I felt so bad for DH because he was doing everything....cooking, cleaning, taking care of T the majority of the time. The only two things I was able to eat was things with cinnamon on them and fresh fruit. Plain Coke...which I know isn't the best to have....also seemed to help a little sometimes too. The pharmacist told DH he could also buy me Cola Syrup and pour that over ice and then eat the ice. They keep it behind the counter so you have to just ask the pharmacist for it. Hope you are feeling better soon.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Sorry :(  I'm not much help.. I felt like that too.

I basically fed DD a lot of goldfish and let her watch a ton of TV.. while I layed down in a fetal position.  I also had horrific headaches for like 2.5 months straight, which fortunately got better in the 2nd tri.  Hope you feel better soon!

• Options

I was a puker too, sorry! Nothing really helped. It did tame a bit by 12 weeks, then I got a bug, and then I got hit hard with reflux at 20 weeks. It wasn't until after that, and daily Nexium that I felt good!

Hang in there and remember, it is a good thing! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"