Adoption

Oh wow. Another update

Birth mom sent me this message (after I told her to take care of herself and take her prenatal vitamins :)

thank you and i will. I want you to have this baby more then ever so i will wait hopefully god will turn your business into a mind."

I'm not exactly sure what she meant by "into a mind" but get the gist of what she is saying.

She wants to wait until the last minute so I can evaluate how my business is going and then DH and I can make a decision in early October, just a few weeks before she is due.  I'm a little scared that we're all (us and the birth family) going to get so excited and have our hearts set on this, and then it won't work out.  But, at the same time, if we're supposed to have this baby, then I do think that God will help us find the money. 

Re: Oh wow. Another update

• Oh I hope it works out :)
    dx MF & FF IF
    Off B.C. Jan '06, started charting Feb '08, 2% morphology and PCOS, no O with meds,
    IVF w/ICSI only option to conceive.
    Licensed Foster Parents 07.11
    Miracle BFP 7.20.11 1st beta 6,274! EDD 3.17.12
    Miracle Baby born March 5, 2012 . 6lbs 1oz, 19 3/4"
    Miracle BFP #2 10.8.12 - edd 6.20.13

Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Can you say "roller coaster"?  OMGosh...  hang in there.... and keep the faith.  Things will work out the way they are suppose to happen.  Hugs.
    image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Loading the player...
  • Lurker.

This BM sounds like a dream. She's so sweet that she'll wait. Hopefully things will work out. Perhaps you can find a less expensive daycare or a family friend who is willing to at least watch one of the boys. Perhaps your business will grow. Perhaps you'll become an extreme couponer (hehe). Perhaps budgeting will work out just the way it should. Either way, I hope everything will work out splendidly. It would be lovely if this is the way your family grew. I personally know a family who adopted a sibling group one child at a time. They have three beautiful children - they're AA/Hispanic/Caucasian and gorgeous. I hope it all works out the way it ought to. :)

ETA: I said "one of the boys"... I don't know why I assumed the other was a boy, but you know what I mean. :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • wow, that is so cool! what an honor! I can imagine wanting my kids raised together. I will be praying too :)

Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • Wow! Roller coaster is right! I know what is meant to be will be. Thinking of you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh wow is right.  You had just made this impossibly hard decision and everything back up in the air.  

And I agree with your last sentence.  If it's meant to be, it will all fall into place. Either way, this baby is lucky.  Everyone involved is trying so hard to find him the perfect family/situation.  I personally hope it's you.  But if not, it's so nice he'll be close and know his or her brother.  Keep us posted!!!

• I'm just getting caught up.  What a crazy couple of days for you.

I think you have the right attitude.  Hopefully it will work out.  Maybe you can find a loan, fundraiser or pinch pennies and adjust the budget.  It's tough to tell until you get things rolling with your firm.

And, heaven forbid, it doesn't work out for you, your consultant could help place the baby quickly.  Hopefully near you.

And I think she means "I hope your business turns into a gold mine." 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageWillisReincarnated:

LOL, I think you are right!  And I definitely hope it does :)

Thank you all so much.  We're going to start looking at in home daycares and see if we can find something that we could afford with two.  We leave tomorrow for vacation, but as soon as we get back I am going to start networking like crazy to get the business to grow.  There's just no telling what could happen.  Just one big client could mean being able to make it work, so you never know. 

• imageGo_Dawgs:
    imageWillisReincarnated:

Thank you all so much.  We're going to start looking at in home daycares and see if we can find something that we could afford with two.  We leave tomorrow for vacation, but as soon as we get back I am going to start networking like crazy to get the business to grow.  There's just no telling what could happen.  Just one big client could mean being able to make it work, so you never know. 

A-  Good luck relaxing on vacation!  Ha!!  

B-  What kind of business?  If it's something that isn't too specific, let me know.  I have friends and family all over and I am happy to send on a referral :)

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • I'm glad you were honest with her and that she is willing to hang out for a while.

Hopefully things work out better than you expect!

• imagesilliestbunny:
    imageGo_Dawgs:
    imageWillisReincarnated:

A-  Good luck relaxing on vacation!  Ha!!  

B-  What kind of business?  If it's something that isn't too specific, let me know.  I have friends and family all over and I am happy to send on a referral :)

What's really funny is that we're going to Las Vegas for vacation - where the birth family lives and where Logan was born, lol.  I'm tagging along with DH because he has a work conference there.  I might see if an adoption attorney out there can squeeze me into their schedule to talk about doing a private adoption from out of state.

I'm a family law and adoption attorney in Atlanta.  Just one really nasty divorce would fund this adoption.  Yeah, I know that sounds terrible, but it's true :) 

• wowowow!  I am praying for u!  I hope everything works out and that the baby ends up where it is supposed to!  God has a way!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • If you close your eyes and take all the limits off of what you want what would it be? I think you can do it all. And you're an adoption attny yourself! I know it's interstate but this adoption should be way under $7000. And I think with the even bigger heart you will have from 2, your life will be pulling in lots of wonderful clients. Go for it! Live without regrets.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • amm78amm78 member
    She really feels strongly about you guys parenting this baby... that's a great compliment!  I hope that things work out the way they are meant to!
  • Sorry I was out of town last week so I am just catching up....but wow!! What a tough decision. Please know I am rooting for you guys and hope that God makes everything clear for you.
    We are adopting! Currently waiting for our domestic infant adoption match.

My blog: Making Me Mom

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
  • I'm just getting caught up too, but WOW!  I will be saying prayers for you all as you make this journey.  I have seen money literally come out of nowhere for friends of ours and another couple on a blog that I follow when they needed it for their adoption.  I won't be a bit surprised if you find the same thing happening for you!  How exciting!! Keep us posted!
    TTC #1 since 12/07 SA 9/08=borderline normal HSG 1/09 found R tube blocked Multiple IUIs both with oral and injectible drugs from 2/09-2/11 Started domestic adoption process in 5/10, homestudy complete 9/10 Failed adoption after home with baby for 2 weeks 11/10 Blessed through the miracle of private adoption with a son, born 6/6/11 (his grandma's bday) 7lbs 9oz 20.5 inches long! So worth the wait!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"