High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

How many of you....

Failed your one hour glucose but passed your three hour? I just found out I failed my one hour. I'm not terribly surprised, I do have several predisposing factors. How hard is living with GD? Are you hungry all the time?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How many of you....

• Options

Well, first of all, if people pass the 3 hr, they don't have GD, so I doubt they would be on this board. And lots of people fail the 1 hr but pass the 3, though I don't have stats on that.

GD is annoying, but ultimately not that bad. We have had several posts the last couple of days from newly diagnosed GD moms... If you scan the board you will find some helpful info in the responses to their posts.

Good luck, and here's hoping you pass the 3 hour!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Pixiegirl pretty much summed up what I was going to say.

However, I did fail the 1 hour last pregnancy and passed the 3 hours. Although, it is debatable because my MFM disagrees with their decision to pass me last pregnancy.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think it's something like 80% of those who fail the 1 hour pass the 3 hour.

Living with GD isn't a big deal. The needles suck, the diet is restrictive, possible complications can be scary, but GD is very manageable, and when well-controlled you can still have a healthy pregnancy and baby.

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    claarclaar member
    I failed my one hour and passed my three hour. . I am on strict bedrest, so the second time around, I did some leg lifts and arm lifts after I drank the sugary drink, so  I think that helped! However, I only failed the first time by 5 points, so  Iwasn't too concerned that I would fail the three hour.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

I'm not hungry at all. If anything I had to force feed myself the first few weeks on the diet because it felt like a ton of food since I was actually eating well and so often.

As Pixie said, I think most people you will find on this board failed both tests. From what I've seen on the July board failing the 1 hour and passing the 3 is fairly common.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"