Special Needs

who mqualifies for disabled?

There is a lot to exaplain this but I will try to keep it short, I have a 18 month old who was born 3 months early I use to post on this website all the time but havent in a while. We had a rough year this year and I had to stay home from work with Oliver a lot and still had to pay for daycare and get docked for not being at work. We already can't afford all of our bills and his extra medical expenses. So at this point I am thinking about just staying home with him this year and trying to make it work that way. I talked to SSI about recieving disability for him. We will qualify if it is just my husband working but Oliver will still have to go through the process of qualifiying as actually being disabled. I was just wondering if anyone else was recieving SSI and knew what the requirements are to be disabled.

Re: who mqualifies for disabled?

• SSI is succchhh a hastle, now that we have P's waiver we will be dropping it because they JUST got around to inputting our stubs from JANUARY!  They took it away for a couple months & cancelled her medicaid, etc.

I digress, here is what you need.  

https://www.ssa.gov/disability/professionals/bluebook/ChildhoodListings.htm

Good luck!

You need to get a list together of ALL doctors names/address/phone number and the first and last visit, etc.  You can apply online to start the process, good luck 

DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"