Military Families
Options

Advice?...sry if long

Okay here's the situation. DH is in for the next 4 years. BUT....the last jump he did, back in Jan., he got injured by hitting his head, and he now has a TBI, and is on profile. His unit recently deployed but since he has the TBI/Profile he couldn't go. The Dr's. are slow on figuring out what his issue is & how to fix it. Back in Feb. the Dr's told him 3 month recovery, it's been 5 almost 6 months. I know people recover in different time spans but his headaches are not getting better, and there is some memory span issues. (which isn't helping my job)

He came home the beginning of this week letting me know they may be Med. Boarding him (sp?/correct phrase?) and might be kicking us out. Because his profile states he can't do certain types of PT, so he's getting a little pudgy tummy, and can't pass tape.

Which I'm not worried about losing the house, since we bought it & if he gets kicked out he'd be getting disability pay. Plus extra $ for going to school.

My thing is, I was thinking about work/school this August. He said he should know in the next 3 months min., if he's being let go. But my thing is trying to figure out what I should do.

Advice? Comments?

Married 04.23.07
Hayden born 11.18.07
BCP - March 08' -Feb. 09, Aug. 09' - Nov. 09'
TTC #2 since Dec 09'
10mgProvera :: 50mgClomid :: 75mg Gonal :: 112mg Gonal :: Ovidrel(trigger) :: Femara 2.5 mg
TTC Blog
23jpxmt<a href="http://s686.photobucket.com/albums/vv228/adburgett23/?action=view

Re: Advice?...sry if long

• Options
    Sent you a PM
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks!
    Married 04.23.07
    Hayden born 11.18.07
    BCP - March 08' -Feb. 09, Aug. 09' - Nov. 09'
    TTC #2 since Dec 09'
    10mgProvera :: 50mgClomid :: 75mg Gonal :: 112mg Gonal :: Ovidrel(trigger) :: Femara 2.5 mg
    TTC Blog
    23jpxmt<a href="http://s686.photobucket.com/albums/vv228/adburgett23/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Unfortunately, the only thing you can do is wait.  I've seen Med boards go through quickly, I've seen them last for 10+ months.  I've seen a med board get put off indefinitely and then the soldier ETS'd. 
    Shot first, questions later.
  • Options
    His recovery may take years, or the symptoms may be permanent. 3 months is not a reasonable time to expect a full symptom-free recovery from a TBI. A med board may take around a year, depending on what post you are at. Even if he is med boarded, it does not mean that the VA will give him disability pay. If he does qualify for disability pay from the VA, it may take months to start. You two need to start financial planning now. Money for school will not be making the mortgage payments.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"