Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Period 3 days after a d&c?

So I had to go into emerg last night.  I had my d&c on Tuesday and yesterday evening I started cramping and bleeding pretty bad.  Filled a pad in about 2 hrs.  The emerg Dr. said my cervix was closed, but that it was odd that I was losing that much blood.  Especially, considering the night before I slept the whole night without a pad and I have had nothing but dark brown bleeding since the procedure, this is bright red.  He said that maybe I have started my period - this just doesn't make sense the me.  First of all, my guess is that my HCG is still quite high and second, when you have a d&c do they not remove everything so I should have nothing to bleed out (i.e., my period) for awhile?

Anyway, he sent me home and I have an u/s in about an hour.  I filled another pad overnight and the cramping continued.  The good news is that within the last hr the bleeding has subsided and the cramping has lessoned.  Yesterday was the first day that I got out of the house and really moved around do you think that could have something to do with it?  I am just nervous b/c when I was discharged from the d&c they were very clear that my bleeding should lessen and NOT get worse.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Period 3 days after a d&c?

• Options
    I had this happen a week after my d&c...heavy bleeding and cramping that doubled me over in pain.  It was awful.  I passed a couple big-ish pieces of tissue that they missed (which apparently is not totally uncommon).  Basically when I went in for my doctor to examine me he told me that the bleeding wasn't normal, but that is happened to some women.  He called it something, but I don't remember...he put me on metoformine (I think...I just tried to check but I threw out the bottle) for two days (6 tablets, one every 4 hours) to help my uterus shrink up faster and slow the bleeding.  I kept bleeding (period-like bleeding, no cramping) for another 3-4 days and have been back to just spotting the last couple of days.
    imageimage
    BFP 5/2/11, missed m/c, D&C 6/13/11
    BFP 12/8/11--Little Girl E Born 8/22/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am glad you are getting in to see your Dr. I am very surprised that the ER dr. told you that this may be your period. I bled off and on, for four weeks, my cervix was definitely closed. Please keep us posted. 
    Married my best friend 6/28/08
    DD born 4/3/10 BFP 4/9/11 missed mc @10w4d- forever loved
    BFP 8/21/11 EDD 4/29/12
    imageimageimage Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"