Upstate NY Babies
Options

**HLG**

Alrighty - the weekend is almost here! I like NikCole's post from last week about motivating ourselves over the weekend.

So what do ya got?

What are your meal plans? Are you going to assign yourself ONE cheat - so maybe it will deter you from lots of little ones throughout the whole weekend? (I think I am)

Any tips for me to drink more water? Over the weekends I am horrible with it!

Anyone planning on doing some great workouts now that the other parent will be home to take over some of the childcare! :)

Good luck ladies!!

Re: **HLG**

• Options

I need to lose weight this weekend. I am .03lbs away from passing a huge milestone! And the past couple of weekends I have gained a little bit of what I lost during the week :(

Water - my nemesis. I have started to bring my water bottle for car rides and don't take it out of my hand the whole time..haha! I find I drink more if I don't set it down. And if we are sort of far - I will buy a water for the ride home. I KNOW water is the #1 thing to losing weight...but it is just so hard for me to remember.

I don't have a meal plan - but I should get one together because Fridays are so hard to not just grab takeout. On a related note - our grill is not working and I am heart broken...we grill like 5 times a week. Although maybe now I can get one with a burner.

I did a great workout last night and need to do one today and one over the weekend to hit my 5 days total for the week. I try to run for as long as I can - this week I did a 30, 15 and 20 minute runs...but last night was haaaaaaaaaaaaard. I hate running.

So I hope to stick to it this weekend - wish me luck! :) And good luck to you!

• Options

yes, I'm definitely planning on a cheat meal, but am not going to go too crazy... we are going to Toro tomorrow night. But I plan on going to the gym in the morning, and again Sunday morning (if I'm not too hungover!) Plus, I will eat really good the rest of the weekend, and keep up w/ lots of water.

In order to stay on track w/ water everyday I pour a big glass first thing in the morning (while I wait for my coffee to brew) I drink it right away (I've read it's good to rehydrate first thing) I always add a slice of lemon, lime or orange... sometimes one of each. I just keep refilling the same glass whenever it's low. And I keep it next to me. I also chug a big glass of water before every meal and snack to help me feel fuller. If I'm leaving the house I bring my Nalgene bottle w/ me. My SIL was just telling me she was at a party, and they had a big pitcher of ice water filled w/ lime and cucumber slices... she said it was really refreshing. I might try that for something different. I know all this water consumption is good for me, but I feel like I'm 9 months pregnant, since I pee every 30 minutes! 

I want to get in a workout both weekend days.... I exercised 3 times this week so far. I have to take off today, because I am seriously in pain from the crazy workout I did on Wednesday... it kicked my butt, every muscle in my body hurts. I just plan on doing some good stretches today, maybe a quick beginners yoga DVD. Next week I am going to start this new "21 day beach body" workout that was in my new issue of Women's Health. It's 3 different workouts (one more focused on strength, one cardio, and one recovery) you do each workout 2x's per week.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    another water tip- I always keep a bottle or 2 of sparkling water on hand... I like the Wegmans flavored ones (just the plain naturally flavored, not the sweetened w/ aspartame stuff) The carbonation makes me feel like I'm not drinking water, plus it gives me a full feeling. I will sometimes drink that for dinner (in a wine glass, cuz' I'm fancy like that!) And I always add it to drinks to make it a bigger serving w/out adding calories. Like, I'll make a margarita and fill half the glass w/ lime flavored seltzer. Or I make "wine spritzers" with it. A small glass of wine, topped off w/ fruit flavored seltzer and float a few pieces of fruit in it. 
  • Options

I will be making the food and the cake for the Baptism brunch all today and Saturday so I NEED to keep my fingers out of everything. I'm trying to have lots of healthy easy foods to nibble on while I bake.

I worked out yesterday for the 1st time since the babies were born. SO weird. I should have pumped 1st because my boobs were killing me and after doing abs my scar was a little sore. I felt great after though. 

I love adding lime to my water. Even better- adding frozen limes. Yum! When I fill my cup with ice water I try to drink as much as I can right then and there. It's the easiest way for me to drink a lot of water. Casually sipping I don't get much down.

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    wendyjwendyj member

I just got back from the gym a little while ago, and I was pleasantly surprised at how well I did. I was on the treadmill for 30 minutes, and ran a mile in 13. I have no clue the last time I was capable of doing that. I then did 25 minutes of upper body weights before heading home. What's better - DH went when I got back (we don't have daycare at our gym :-(). I can't remember the last time he went, but I'm hoping that my behaviors will rub off a bit more on him, because he really needs to drop some weight, too.

I have no plans for meals for the weekend. Sunday is my cheat day since I weigh in at WW in the morning. I allow myself to eat whatever, but I try really hard to keep the portion sizes in check. 

I am bad at drinking water at home, too. I think I'm going to try to do the same thing as I did at work - fill up my 32 oz water bottle in the morning and set a time by which I have to have it finished. So, I get at least 1/2 of my water in for the day and I don't have to flood myself at night,

• Options
    imagewendyj:

I just got back from the gym a little while ago, and I was pleasantly surprised at how well I did. I was on the treadmill for 30 minutes, and ran a mile in 13. I have no clue the last time I was capable of doing that. I then did 25 minutes of upper body weights before heading home. What's better - DH went when I got back (we don't have daycare at our gym :-(). I can't remember the last time he went, but I'm hoping that my behaviors will rub off a bit more on him, because he really needs to drop some weight, too.

great job! hope you rub off on your H too... DH and I are doing it together, and it makes it so much easier to have a partner. (and not have him wanting to sabotage my diet w/ takeout... I have no will power, and give in easy!)

that stinks your gym doesn't have a child watch. Evan loves going with me. He runs right to the playroom and never wants to leave!

And, as a side note... you should try lifting weights before cardio. I used to do the opposite too, but my BIL just got his personal training certification and DH and I were talking to him about workout plans for us. He said that by doing weights first you burn more calories. After you lift, your body continues to burn extra calories for 30-45 minutes. So if you do cardio after, you will burn about 50% more calories on the treadmill than usual. He said to just do a 5 minute warm-up on the bike/elliptical/treadmill, lift, then do cardio and cool-down/stretch. Don't know how true it is, but I googled it and found some good supporting info... so I don't think he's just talking out of his a$$! ;) I figure if I'm going to do both anyways, I might as well try and get the best burn out of it!

• Options
    wendyjwendyj member

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to try it. I always did cardio first because 1) I hate it and 2) I feel like my muscles are more warmed up to lift after cardio.

Anyone know anything about hot yoga? There's a place opening up near me, and I thought maybe I'd throw in a couple sessions a month to switch things up.

• Options
    Great job! I have never heard of lifting before cardio...so I may try it too. Never heard of hot yoga either! I actually have been thinking about finding a Zumba class to go to once a week...just for something different. There is a womens gym here but the class is at 5:00 or something and DH isn't home from work yet. I should keep looking though. I've got a nice little glass of wine going now. Just a little :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"