New Jersey Babies

BABY SHOWER IDEAS IN NORTHERN NJ

I am going to have my first baby on December 23, 2011 and I want to start getting ideas on a baby shower.  I live in Morris County and I was looking for some ideas as to where to have my baby shower.  I am looking for more of a casual lunch kind of a place, inexpensive, non-traditional baby shower and I was thinking about inviting all my family (including the guys in the family) but I am at a loss as to where to have it or even if this is something people do.  Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts?

[Poll]

Re: BABY SHOWER IDEAS IN NORTHERN NJ

• I am in the same boat....was considering one at my house, so gifts don't have to travel.  My mom is throwing it for me, so I don't want to spend an arm and a leg.  I love La Strada, but it is too expensive.   If you find anything more reasonable, let me know!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • dfp430dfp430 member
    I will let you know if I find any good places for a shower.  Good Luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • dfp430dfp430 member

I have been doing some research and I have found a few places, though my mom got upset with me because I wanted to help plan my own baby shower.  She was thinking about having the shower at the Adam Todd in Byram https://www.adamtodd.com/.  They have a Sunday Brunch for $25.95 a person and I have been there before for other events and their food is pretty decent.  I was also thinking about a Tea Room and I found the Cosy Cupboard Tea Room https://www.cosycupboardtearoom.com/.  The atmosphere looks real quaint and I read a review on a different website that said she had a baby shower there and it was fantastic.  I am still looking though.  We are planning on having a small baby shower (maybe 10-12 people) and it is hard to find a place to would cater to that small amount. 

• Tiffany's in Morris Plains has a nice upstairs - my bridal shower was there and i've been to other events there- they do a good job- and i know  are not that expensive.

i'm a fan of at least the dad going - no need for lots of other men- but i think the daddy to be should be there - considering it's his baby, too :)

my husband was at my shower for DS1 - and I wasn't - i was in the hospital - so he did it ALL.  At my sprinkle for the twins,  DH was there - with all the women - it was nice.

I used to be Goldie_locks_5 but the new nest is so screwed up that I was forced to start over.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"