Upstate NY Babies

Tragic Story out of my hometown

A 6 year old was accidentally run over by her mother while playing in her driveway.  She passed away later in the evening  I graduated with the mother's younger sister, and played basketball with her so I know the family.  I just CANNOT even begin to imagine the pain this family is feeling right now.  My heart is breaking for them.  Hug your babies a little bit longer tonight.  :(

Re: Tragic Story out of my hometown

• OMG how awful. As I watch this terrible, terrible mother on trial for killing her child on purpose...it is so apparent that life just IS NOT FAIR.
  • Also, i was reading just a couple of weeks ago that by 2012 or 2013 all vehicles are going to be required to have back up cameras because apparantly this type of accicent is on the rise.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh my god, my heart sank reading this :-(  My thoughts and prayers are with their family, I cannot even imagine what they are going through. Such a tragedy.
  • that is so terrible. I can not imagine how that mother must feel.

A similar thing happened here a couple years ago. It was my brother's boss' son. I think he was around 3... the mom hit him while backing out of the driveway... the grandmother was in the house watching him and the baby sister and didn't realize he walked outside. I just can't fathom the guilt they both must feel and live with everyday.

• Oh, how awful.  That happened to Steven Curtis Chapman's daughter too when their teenage son was backing out of the driveway.
  • imagemeryltheresa:
    Also, i was reading just a couple of weeks ago that by 2012 or 2013 all vehicles are going to be required to have back up cameras because apparantly this type of accicent is on the rise.
    I've had the backup camera since October and I'm still not in the habit of looking every time.  I am almost 100% using it at daycare though, because the parking lot is set up that you have to walk behind cars to get to and from the building.

My second cousin (who's my age) is a paraplegic after a similar incident when he was little.

It's scary how easy it is to happen.  More soundproofing (to reduce road-noise) means we can't hear a child outside the car and SUVs/minivans have large blind-spots.  I heard that those two things are a big factor in the rise of these accidents.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family. 

Bianca image.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"