Indiana Babies

friday check-in

1. how are you feeling?

2. highlight/lowlight of your week:

3. weekend plans:

4.  share something random.

Re: friday check-in

• 1. how are you feeling? 28 weeks and 6 days pregnant...feeling pretty good.  but if i'm being honest i'm starting to feel BIG.  getting up and down off the floor and chasing a toddler are getting harder.

2. highlight/lowlight of your week:  highlight - DD is completely moved into her big girl room!  so far she is loving sleeping in her new room, but does test us a little and has tried to come out when she thinks she isn't ready to sleep yet.  lowlight - nothin....

3. weekend plans:  DH is busy all weekend so it's just DD and i.  tonight we're going to dinner with my parents.  my brother will be home from college (he's taking summer classes) so looking forward to seeing him.  also hoping to get a few baby sewing projects done.

4.  share something random:  i just placed a big order on fabric.com for a stash of fabric i don't really need, but thought i should buy before we're "poor" this fall.  i'm such a nerd and can't wait for it to come in the mail.  i'm slowly starting a sickness of collecting beautiful fabrics for projects i don't even have planned yet.

• 1. (I like this phrasing - doesn't exclude anyone!). Feeling TIRED. I am so sleep deprived! Connor is not sleeping that great most nights.

2. Lowlight: The jury returned a guilty verdict for my husband's trial in Kokomo (he's an attorney). He is really upset for his client, and I feel so bad for him. He thinks his client really got the shaft from the judge and jury. I know he blew the prosecutor out of the water preparation- and presentation-wise, so it's even harder for him to take :(

Highlight: Now that the trial is over we are getting back to our normal lives, which had been interrupted by vacation, lots of on-call nights, and general craziness.

3. Hoping not to be called in to cover someone else's call tonight. Thankfully, our only set plans for this weekend is a graduation dinner for my residency program (unfortunately, I'm still 2 years from graduating myself!). We might go to the zoo to celebrate Father's Day since I was working last Sunday.

4. A couple who met at our annual Beer Pong tournament several years ago and ended up getting married are pregnant with their first child. We just found out that they bought a house a block away! Can't wait to have them in the neighborhood.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • rachesraches member

1. how are you feeling? 12 weeks pregnant with twins!  Feeling pretty good.  Maybe I'm lying to myself, but I sorta feel like my energy levels are coming back.

2. highlight/lowlight of your week:  Highlight:  Sellers accepting our offer, and we are 99% sure we've found renters for our house.  Also, I had an ultrasound yesterday and everything looked great.  Lowlight:  House showings every night this week = annoying but necessary.

3. weekend plans: Saturday we have the inspection on our new house.  We also hope to look for new carpet.  Dinner with friends on Saturday night.  Sunday we plan to start organizing and packing. 

4.  share something random.  I finally announced my pregnancy at work yesterday after my 12 week appointment.  We are officially telling everyone!

Owen and Olivia born on November 2, 2011 at 30.5 weeks Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. how are you feeling?  Better today.  All day yesterday I had the most awful headache... seriously the worst I can remember in a long time.  I took Tylenol every few hours but it would not go away.  I have an OB apt this morning, so I'll probably mention it, but it's basically gone now.

2. highlight/lowlight of your week: Highlight- got rid of an old sewing machine on Freecycle.  Also received a baby monitor from Freecycle... one less thing to buy. Lowlight- awful headache that woke me up at 3am yesterday and lasted all day/night.

3. weekend plans: Kenny Chesney concert tonight!!  Nothing else specific planned, but dh and I will probably clean and organize some more around the house or garage.  If I can get him to do it, I'm going to have him clean out his files and clear out the office furniture so I can repaint (low-voc & well-ventilated of course) that room sometime in the next couple weeks.  It's going to become the office/guest room, and the current guest room will be the nursery, but waiting to paint that room until after the anatomy scan.

4.  share something random: When I was a kid, I liked to doodle floor plans.  When I was 13, I drew the floorplan of the house my parents built.  I'm an accountant (not an architect) but someday I would like to draw up a house for dh and I to build.

TTC #1 since October 2008. Dealing with MFI.
    IVF #1 w ICSI in July 2010 = BFN
    IVF #2.1 in Oct 2010 converted to IUI = BFN
    IVF #2.2 w ICSI in Dec 2010 = BFN
    Met with new RE in new city on 1/31/11.
    IVF #3 w ICSI in April 2011. HPT on 5/9 = BFP!
    Beta #1 on 5/10 (10dp5dt) = 99.4. Beta #2 on 5/12 = 284. First u/s on 5/26. = Fraternal TWINS!
    Twin boys born & lost on 8/16/11 at 18w1d due to PPROM & preterm labor.
    IVF #4.1 in Jan 2012 converted to IUI on 1/7/12 = BFN
    IVF #4.2 w ICSI in Feb 2012. Lupron on 2/10. Stims on 2/18. ER on 2/29- 7R,6F
    ET scheduled for 3/5/12- nothing to transfer :(
    Dh seeing new MFI uro & Dh starting meds- June 2012.
    IVF #5 in Dec 2012 = BFFN.
    IVF #6 planned for Spring 2013. Praying for our take home baby/ies.
    **P/SAIF and P/SAL always welcome!**

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • 1. Feeling just okay. I have some major lower back pain that creeps up in the afternoons, but other than that I shouldn't complain. I'm ready to be in the 3rd tri next week and keep this moving along! 2. Highlight: Scoring a free baby swing from a Colorado nestie that I'm picking up tomorrow. Lowlight: work was insane and is wearing me out a little. 3. DH is working tomorrow, so we're going out to breakfast early and then I'm hoping to schedule a last minute massage or pedi tomorrow. I'm looking forward to working on my to-do list and maybe going to the pool. 4. I bought a couple shirts at A Pea in the Pod last weekend. I was so annoyed by having the salespeople in my face constantly and wanted to get out of there. I went to put on one of the new shirts this week, and realized that in my haste to leave I grabbed a small, not a large. Duh! Looks like I'll be going back this weekend! Random comment - I have decided that pretty much all maternity clothes are fug and I'm not buying anything else.
  • jgoojgoo member

1. How are you feeling? Feeling great! Jack slept 12 hours last night. Lily went down at 11:00, woke to eat at 6:30 then went right back to sleep until 10:30! This is one rested Mama! [for once]

2. Highlight: Last nights sleep tops the list. Stick out tongue I also did a lot of rearranging/organizing this week which makes me feel...giddy, lol. I love organizing.
    Lowlight: Jack has been teething horribly for the past 2 weeks. He's finally feeling better but now he's gotten used to just tantruming & being cranky, so he's continuing with this mood for the fun of it. Yuck.

3. Weekend plans: Doing a yard sale with a friend of mine to purge a lot of stuff we just don't need/use. Looking forward to clearing some stuff out! Also, having a cookout with some friends on Sunday.

4, Share something random: I am going through major Glee withdrawals.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. how are you feeling? 8 weeks postpartum and feeling good. Desperately want this baby pooch to go away though.

2. highlight/lowlight of your week: Highlight- sleep for 6 hours Lowlight- Taking LO for 2 mo. shots today. She's so unhappy.

3. weekend plans: Hoping for farmers market tomorrow and time with DH, girl time at a baby shower Sunday

4.  share something random. My boss got fired yesterday, 3 weeks of maternity leave left, thinking my return might be a little better than I thought it would be.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"