November 2011 Moms
Options

HOW LONG DOES ANATOMY SCAN TAKE?

I am 20weeks now!(yay) and I have my anatomy scan next week, how long does the actual scan take?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: HOW LONG DOES ANATOMY SCAN TAKE?

• Options
    Ours took about 45mins, maybe an hour?
  • Options
    Ours took about an hour but baby was being stubborn so that might be longer than others.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

oh wow. so they are actually doing an ultrasound for that long?

• Options
    Mine is tomorrow and the doctors told me it's an hour long.
  • Options
    lkf041lkf041 member
    Roughly an hour
    DS- 11/08,  DD1 - 05/10,  DD2 - 11/11

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imageNIKKILEW:

oh wow. so they are actually doing an ultrasound for that long?

They have to take measurements of everything and the baby moved around a lot at ours so it took some time for her to get the images she needed. It felt like it went by pretty quickly.

• Options
    OK GOOD TO KNOW! THANKS LADIES!
  • Options
    megs68megs68 member
    Mine was considerably shorter than everyone elses's here  - 20 minutes.  But we don't discuss it there, the tech takes the measurements and the doctor calls later with the results, so maybe that makes the difference.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine cooperated and stayed relatively still, although he moved around a lot before the ultrasound and quite a bit after. He posed quite nicely too, so she was able to get all the measurements in under 20 minutes. It was a Level 2 ultrasound; they sent the results over to my OB and I get them on June 30.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine was about an hour.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'd also say about an hour but I thought mine was just longer because LO was being stubborn and not showing her lower spine.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My OB does all ultrasounds herself and takes all the measurements. It took her <20 minutes to get all the measurements.
    Can't wait to meet our miracle this November!! BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Wow - I'm surprised to see how many people had theirs take an hour long. I have mine next Thursday and the scan is scheduled for 3:45, then I have my doc appointment (in another office of the building) at 4. Hopefully they can get what they need that quickly!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 37 DH: 38 
    BFP #1 3/17/11 - DS born 12/4/11
    TFAS Dec 2013
    BFP #2 - 3/23/14 - CP 3/26/14
    BFP #3 - 8/20/14 - Natural Miscarriage 9/22/14
    BFP #4 - 1/28/15 - DS2 born 10/13/15
    Surprise BFP# 5 - 9/2/16 - Due 5/13/17

• Options
    mine was scheduled for an hr if needed and it took about 35 minutes. i also didn't get my results there...they get sent to my OB and she will share them with me
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers IMG_20120429_220657 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    oooooo...hopefully my LO will be just as good as yours becaue I can't imagine sitting there a full bladder for any longer! lol
  • Options

Mine's estimated to take about an hour.

I'm cool with that though.  I'm fascinated by ultrasounds and this time Daddy is going.  Smile 

• Options
    Mine was about an hour, including the office wait time.
    Raising a threenager since 11/11
    Baby boy #2 due 5/6/15
  • Options
    Mine took an hour, the good news is that I was allowed to pee about half-way through!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageArcadianDreams:
    Mine was about an hour, including the office wait time.

Hey...that's shorter than your OB appts were running you! Wink

OP, I have yet to have mine, but I was told that my Level 2 will take about an hour. The Level 1 I had with my DD took about 45 minutes from the time I was taken to the back.

• Options
    Mine took at least an hour, but she was not cooperating. We have to go back on Tuesday.
  • Options
    I'm scheduled for 45 minutes and have an appointment with my doctor right after.
  • Options
    mine took 20 minutes, she was fast
  • Options
    Mine is next week but it's scheduled for one hour.  30 minutes for each baby.  The tech said it usually takes about 20 minutes per baby plus a 20 minute conversation with the MFM afterwards.

Visit My Twin Life 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"