North Carolina Babies

Taking LO to a movie

I know this has been discussed before.. but have you taken your toddler to a movie yet? I was thinking Holly might like to see Cars 2. She's sat through several full length movies at home (Finding Nemo, The Little Mermaid, Tangled), but we haven't taken her to a theater. Think she's too young?

The during the day free/cheap movie deals that some theaters offer wouldn't be an option for us, since I work full time. So it would have to be a weekend time, probably a matinee. I figure it's a kids movie, so it's not like anyone should be outraged if my child decides to start being fussy (at which point we'd leave), right?

If you've taken your LO, how'd they do?

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

Re: Taking LO to a movie

• If you go, let me know how the movie is and how she does :)

We would love to take Ben because he is completely obsessed with Cars but honestly I am a little concerned about some of the stuff I have seen in the trailers he insists on watching on youtube. 

My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We went to one of the cheap movies the other week (barnyard) and all of the kiddos that went did a GREAT job! We had 4 toddlers and they did stand up and go stand by each other some, talk, laugh, etc but I was really imressed at how well they all did. And Holly wouldn't have a distraciton of other kids she knows to get up and talk to. I'd just bring snacks and even if one of u walks around till the movie starts to keep her busy I think she will do fine. we are going to see Cars 2 on saturday for a birthday party so im curious how that will be.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I think the only issue would be the 3D. I would try not to see it in 3D, not sure if that's possible. I have heard that most theaters have child size 3D glasses. We haven't been to the theater yet, but i think Caleb would do okay. Have fun!
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Maddie has gone to three movies now (Tangled, Barnyard and Charlotte's Web) and she has done great in all of them! We talk about being quiet on the way there, and once the movie starts she knows she is allowed to sit in her seat or in my lap, that's it. She sometimes asks questions about the movie, but the movies are generally so loud that it doesn't matter.

As long as she isn't furiously kicking the seat in front of her and screaming that she wants to go home (like the little boy sitting behind us in Charlotte's Web- his mom so kindly decided NOT to take him out), I think she'll be fine. I think Holly is definitely mature enough to do it. Snacks help!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My DS is a bit older (3) but we took him to see Rio a few months ago and he did awesome. He did talk a little and point things out to me but nothing that would have been bothersome to any other listeners. We're headed to see Cars 2 this weekend as well and can't wait! Oh and popcorn is key. A big huge tub of it.

• narknark member
    I took Simone to see Tangled a while back after being begged by a friend that was taking her 2-year-old. I totally didn't expect her to make it through, but she did great...and it was a 7:00pm show! She ate popcorn & watched and laughed. Only got restless at the very end, and I walked out and stood in the lobby with her until my friend came out. So I say go for it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"