Military Families

AD Moms intending to BF

This is a terrific site focused on the active duty mothers intending to breastfeed.  It lists most service regs regarding our rights should we decide to breastfeed.

https://breastfeedingincombatboots.com/

You can also find it on Facebook via https://www.facebook.com/BreastfeedinginCombatBoots?sk=info

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: AD Moms intending to BF

• How awesome is that!!!

I really wanted to this time around. (I nursed my first for 11 months and the other two I stopped before returning to work)

I'm just afraid that I won't have time with 2 other little ones running around the house and a DH that's in Korea.

DS-11 years, DD-3 years, DS-born 9/15/10, DD-9/09/11
    You're just giving birth now, you're not mother Earth now
  • I've met the author of that book. She's local to me and a great lady. I'm happy to see the word getting out about her work.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageUberTroll:

How awesome is that!!!

I really wanted to this time around. (I nursed my first for 11 months and the other two I stopped before returning to work)

I'm just afraid that I won't have time with 2 other little ones running around the house and a DH that's in Korea.

UberTroll: You do whatever you feel most comfortable with.  

ArmyQm: If you could get her to brief at Fort Lewis, I would be eternally appreciative!! 

• imagenorvelln:
    imageUberTroll:

How awesome is that!!!

UberTroll: You do whatever you feel most comfortable with.  

ArmyQm: If you could get her to brief at Fort Lewis, I would be eternally appreciative!! 

Ha well, if I ever come across her again I will put the bug in her ear. I met her at an ICAN meeting (but I've never had a c/s) but I think my doula knows her. Actually, I just looked and they are FB friends so there's always a chance I meet her again! Maybe you could get your ACS (or whatever branch you are) to sponsor her visit? I'm sure it would be a great benefit to all (men and women alike).
  • imagenorvelln:

This is a terrific site focused on the active duty mothers intending to breastfeed.  It lists most service regs regarding our rights should we decide to breastfeed.

https://breastfeedingincombatboots.com/

You can also find it on Facebook via https://www.facebook.com/BreastfeedinginCombatBoots?sk=info

Thank you so much for sharing this link!! I am active duty and have been on shift tonight combing through instructions to see how long I could manage to BF for and not get any push back.

I have also been curious about how I could pull off BFing and pumping at work while having to go to the range all day??? (Not looking so good) I can only hold off being weapons qualed at my unit for so long before they start to harass me about it. I can't imagine having to wear my IOTV, kevlar and be out there all day on the range with engorged boobs!  I need to find out about all that. I know that per the Navy instruction, I do not have to deploy for 1 year after birth so that could be my excuse for a while.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Thitsaboyblue Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Every range (at least Army) has to have a medevac vehicle onsite. Most times it is an FLA, so maybe you could go in the back of it and pump.  Take a cooler and storage bags.  Talk to your COC and explain that you are EFB and that you will need to be able to take care of it while you are on the range.  Otherwise you physically are going to be impaired.  If they give you snot, take it to the next level.  I am not sure of your rank, which does has privileges sadly, but do what you need to do to ensure the health of your baby and YOU.  Cite the health benefits to you for EBF which makes you MORE mission capable.  Finally, your servie supports it via regulation.  THAT cannot be argued with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"