Upstate NY Babies

can anyone recommend a pcp?

I have never had a doctor here. I have been sick for 2 weeks now and I need to find a dr.  I was lucky that the walmart vision center would see me so I could get my pink eye taken care of but I am pretty sure I have an ear infection.  Under our horrible insurance we can't go to any of the urgent cares or we have to pay the out of network fee after meeting a 2500 deductible. 

Re: can anyone recommend a pcp?

• My parents and sister go to Dr. Kowalski on Southwestern in OP. I also went there when I lived in Buffalo. We actually used to see the NP, Laura. She is awesome!
    image        image
  • I go to Lifetime Health on Sweet Home (near UB) The number is 689-0040. I honestly don't even know the name of my doctor. The one I was seeing for the past 5-6 years moved out of state, and I got a new one, but haven't seen her yet. There are quite a few docs in the building. I like it because everything is right there- xray and pharmacy.
  • Loading the player...
  • I go to a Family Practice on Maple.  (It's a block away from Suburban hospital.)  The kids go too.  When I called as a new patient 2 years ago, they were able to get me in the same week.  Everywhere else I called had a month+ waiting for new patient appointments.

https://maplemedpeds.com/

Bianca image.
  • imageIrisheyes1247:
    My parents and sister go to Dr. Kowalski on Southwestern in OP. I also went there when I lived in Buffalo. We actually used to see the NP, Laura. She is awesome!

I see Laura now.  I LOVE her!!!! 

• imageNikCole:
    I go to Lifetime Health on Sweet Home (near UB) The number is 689-0040. I honestly don't even know the name of my doctor. The one I was seeing for the past 5-6 years moved out of state, and I got a new one, but haven't seen her yet. There are quite a few docs in the building. I like it because everything is right there- xray and pharmacy.

I like Lifetime too - because I don't mind being a number. I just want to get in when I need to. Lifetime has lots of evening hours. I've technically had like 5 doctors there - but I never see them (they always send me a letter say he or she moved and gives me the name of my new pcp) I just call and get right in to whomever. But I haven't seen a reg doc in years.

• If you don't mind driving a little ways, right where Transit becomes Southwestern Blvd. and kind where West Seneca meets OP DH and I go to O'Connor Medical 712-0490 and LOVE them! It's a husband and wife team! I started out seeing the wife and did not like her at all...our personalities just didn't mesh but I LOVE the husband Terry! DH and I both see him and he's wonderful! For the amount of times a year we go, it's really not a big deal to drive there.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"